CREW SpaceX Launch - Crew 4

TS
TS
Topgun

Topgun

OT Supporter
May 23, 2003
MN
Successful launch, landing and deployment. No fairing catch.

Next launch is scheduled NET Jan 18, 8:00AM EST, it will be the in flight abort test for crew dragon so it should be pretty cool to watch. I might fly down to see this one. :hmm:

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Successful launch, landing and deployment. No fairing catch.

Next launch is scheduled NET Jan 18, 8:00AM EST, it will be the in flight abort test for crew dragon so it should be pretty cool to watch. I might fly down to see this one. :hmm:
Thread title change really confused me lol

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
I am working out in west texas (big spring) and my wife was taking me to work this morning when we saw them streaking across the sky around 5:50am. I initially thought we were looking at a meteor but they kept on running across the sky and stayed the same brightness. They were brighter than anything else in the sky. Tried to get a picture while driving but it sucked

Pretty amazing sight

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
I am working out in west texas (big spring) and my wife was taking me to work this morning when we saw them streaking across the sky around 5:50am. I initially thought we were looking at a meteor but they kept on running across the sky and stayed the same brightness. They were brighter than anything else in the sky. Tried to get a picture while driving but it sucked

Pretty amazing sight

You working at that alon refinery?

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Are they are gonna shut off the engines to sim a failure, can’t they still land the booster once it seperates?

It is going to be fully loaded with fuel, they arent even putting the landing legs and grid fins on it :(

But yea, shut off engines at max pressure, capsule will detect and auto pop-off, booster will probably explode soon after or on impact to the ocean

TS
TS
Topgun

Topgun

OT Supporter
May 23, 2003
MN
Are they are gonna shut off the engines to sim a failure, can’t they still land the booster once it seperates?

Nah the booster is going to become uncontrollable once crew dragon separates, it will likely tear apart pretty quick.

Reactions: Twinsen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkacbataan