GUN Sponsoring a soldier

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
WMD, currently my college is doing a sponsor a soldier charity and the club I'm a member of, has chosen to participate as well. I have heard that batteries are always a good thing to send, if so what types?
So does WMD have any suggestions to put in this carepackage?

TS
TS

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
We're sponsoring one soldier out of a number of them, but I'm sure the carepackage will be spread around to those in his/her group? Also, cards, duct tape, socks, mole skin, electrical tape be good things to send as well?
While the boresnake sounds like a good thing to send, I don't think the club would want to send it sadly.

THT

The easy way is always mined
Mar 16, 2005
The booby hatch
We're sponsoring one soldier out of a number of them, but I'm sure the carepackage will be spread around to those in his/her group? Also, cards, duct tape, socks, mole skin, electrical tape be good things to send as well?
While the boresnake sounds like a good thing to send, I don't think the club would want to send it sadly.
I can hear it now...

Whiny hippie girl: "We can't send that to a soldier!! It might clean his gun so well, he'd kill more!"
Long-hair, pechuli-reaking, lanky-ass hippie guy hoping to get in the whiny hippie girl's skirt: "Yeah, Wind is right! War's wrong, man!"

:rolleyes:

TS
TS

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
I can hear it now...

Whiny hippie girl: "We can't send that to a soldier!! It might clean his gun so well, he'd kill more!"
Long-hair, pechuli-reaking, lanky-ass hippie guy hoping to get in the whiny hippie girl's skirt: "Yeah, Wind is right! War's wrong, man!"

:rolleyes:
Haha dear god no. I think we're just getting stuff locally so online seems to be out of the question sadly.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
You can buy a boresnake more or less anywhere they sell guns. Hell, they might even sell them in Walmart.
They do.

And lets be honest, almost nothing is going to be as useful to a soldier as a boresnake. (atleast in terms of what you can provide)

TS
TS

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
Any specific type of jerky? As for the boresnake, im assuming a .223 one would be the best correct?

TS
TS

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
As far as stuff you can get in stores, O'berto isn't bad. And yeah, .223 would be the right caliber.
I'm making the assumption that the military would supply the oil to clean said system? As for jerky, plain seems fine.
Anyone else have suggestions?

TS
TS

elgrapadora

Jun 23, 2004
How can i go about sponsoring a soldier as well?
I'm not sure as to how a private citizen goes about it, if not try to get a group or community to support a number of soldiers or a platoon or what the name of the group is that I cannot remember right now.

Original Sin

I'm so hood.
Oct 12, 2003
Pacific NorthWest
During my brothers first deployment to Iraq, I would send him various magazines, DVDs, assorted batteries, and toiletries. If he requested other items (specific clothing, games, candy, etc), I would ship that over as well.

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
Any specific type of batteries? AA's, those weird little camera batteries that go in flashlights? Any type of socks, wool or cotton?
Probably AA, AAA, CR123 lithium (all kinds of gadgets use those little bastards)...

As to socks, good boot socks. Wicking and anti-bacterial qualities are probably pluses. This time of year, it'll be pretty chilly over there, so warm wool socks might be welcome.

Honestly, if possible, get ahold of the sponsored unit and ask what the guys want. Of course, general morale items will probably be welcome regardless. (Jerky, magazines, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan