Spotify accused of creating fake artists to lower royalty payments to real artists

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
And before you come back and be like hur dur it's Barely Sociable in the name, I'm not correcting you

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Why on Earth would they assume that Spotify was doing this themselves? There's tons of companies out there that publish BS content under lots of different pseudonyms.

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
spotify costs a little too much imo. if my family plan ever goes to $20 a month, i'm going to be collecting payments from these leeches
pretty sure my family plan is $15/month and i have 5 people on it and it gives access to almost every single song/album created, it's well worth the money

TS
TS
ghost.prawn

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
Why on Earth would they assume that Spotify was doing this themselves? There's tons of companies out there that publish BS content under lots of different pseudonyms.

for one, because one of the main proliferator is owned by the same umbrella company and based in the same city

xioix

Feb 20, 2005
So Cal
Yeah that was my question. Is a fake named person not still an artist making music and I assume getting paid. Are people not still listening to it?
I’m guessing Spotify is paying the artist maybe a flat fee, or they get a cut of the stream while boosting their songs on more playlist and radio stations or similar artist to get more of their songs played to pay other artist less

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026