FIT Squat bar placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didact

I have no idea what I'm doing
Aug 17, 2001
It's really starting to piss me off. No weight, or minimal weight and I can squat ass to toes.

Add any amount of normal weight and I turn into Igor.

I'm thinking maybe I place the bar to high on my bar.

Where's the optimum placement?

Deleted member 153699

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I personally prefer a high bar placement

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
"when there is no weight on the bar i can squat ass to toes, when i put weight on, i can't squat it..... must be the bar placement......."

stop being retarded.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
go watch "so you think you can squat" on youtube.... lower the weight... and learn how to squat.

bar placement is not making you unable to squat "normal weight"

TS
TS
Didact

Didact

Aug 17, 2001
"when there is no weight on the bar i can squat ass to toes, when i put weight on, i can't squat it..... must be the bar placement......."

stop being retarded.

Learn to quote right. Stop being retarded.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
Learn to quote right. Stop being retarded.

at least i know how to squat and don't blame a 4inch differential in bar placement as the reason i can't. if you really think it's bar placement that is holding you back.... CHANGE THE BAR PLACEMENT. shit ain't rocket surgery. if it's too high, go lower. if it's too low, go higher.

also, i paraphrased. deal with it.

TS
TS
Didact

Didact

Aug 17, 2001
at least i know how to squat and don't blame a 4inch differential in bar placement as the reason i can't. if you really think it's bar placement that is holding you back.... CHANGE THE BAR PLACEMENT. shit ain't rocket surgery. if it's too high, go lower. if it's too low, go higher.

also, i paraphrased. deal with it.

Consider anti-e later, k bud?

I didn't say I couldn't squat it -- I can just fine, however my form suffers.

I've read several articles, several videos, and placement has a variable of 3-4 inches. I'll modify as I go, however I havn't found the sweet spot yet without putting too much strain on the base of my neck (too high) or pinning my arms back so the go numb (too low).

Even though I can accomplish this experiment tonight, I was looking for advice or reference materials from the sub forum.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
if your form suffers when you put normal weight on, then you can't really squat fine can you? work on your external rotation and t-spine mobility if low bar placement hurts.

GammaRadiation

Feb 15, 2007
Random Location.FL
On apex of the traps just below the C7. Keep your back straight and your core tight. Dont turn your legs in weird directions. Lower your butt as the lead. Stop just past 90 (for a normal squat, not a deep squat).

Dunken

Welcome to the team.
Dec 24, 2001
Tempe, AZ

I've read several articles, several videos, and placement has a variable of 3-4 inches. I'll modify as I go, however I havn't found the sweet spot yet without putting too much strain on the base of my neck (too high) or pinning my arms back so the go numb (too low).

if you're saying you squat just fine but any load causes you to break form, you probably cant squat properly and dont notice it. Dont put the bar on your neck, it should rest on your delts and not crush your spine.

GTLifter

Banned
Feb 28, 2005
Durty Durty ATL Niggah
if you're saying you squat just fine but any load causes you to break form, you probably cant squat properly and dont notice it. Dont put the bar on your neck, it should rest on your delts and not crush your spine.
:werd:

if even a light amount of weight fucks your form up you're doing it wrong

TS
TS
Didact

Didact

Aug 17, 2001
Yeah, right now, I'm watching Rippletoe's vids on squat form... Already found I'm not driving my hips.

Next time I'll strip it down to just the bar and start over.

TS
TS
Didact

Didact

Aug 17, 2001
start with just bw...if you can't do that properly you shouldn't put a bar on your back....

It's kinda humbling ya know -- I thought I had some grasp body mechanics. I just kinda mimic'ed the other guys at the gym since I never did squats before and points I got from reading.

no no no

Yeah, I'm starting from the beginning.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
I think the goblet squat is the best starting point

[y]h6uwwdeK-tg[/y]

[y]swP-YTtFeMg[/y]

[y]qudU5NJLtRg[/y]

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland

I've read several articles, several videos
, and placement has a variable of 3-4 inches. I'll modify as I go, however I havn't found the sweet spot yet without putting too much strain on the base of my neck (too high) or pinning my arms back so the go numb (too low).

Even though I can accomplish this experiment tonight, I was looking for advice or reference materials from the sub forum.

Yeah, right now, I'm watching Rippletoe's vids on squat form... Already found I'm not driving my hips.

Next time I'll strip it down to just the bar and start over.

you're a confusing man. but if you need any more help, just let us know :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor