FIT Squats and Deadlifts v.do them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Time to swolercize
Oct 21, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN Rep: ★
"The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy shit up off the ground. " - Mark Rippetoe

KIDRR

Duck dog>*
Nov 1, 2004
North Mexico
34lbs of muscle in 4 weeks? YAH OK

celltechhcore67grape.JPG

TS
TS
fatmoocow

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
The man has a talent for convoluted, easily misinterpreted phrases. "4 hour work week is a minimum to work towards, not something i guarantee."

if you read his book it's probably the opposite, the idea is you basically don't work at all unless it's something you want to do.

BlackIce72

Jan 4, 2005
NJ
I've read the book. It's horrid.

If you work 4 hours a week you're a fucking loser. Period.

Builds no character.

Zaffir

OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2003
Seattle
I've read the book. It's horrid.

If you work 4 hours a week you're a fucking loser. Period.

Builds no character.

Who gives a fuck about building character via doing something you don't like? That's some bullshit if I've ever heard it. Personally, I'd rather love what I do and never have to "work" a day in my life.

if you read his book it's probably the opposite, the idea is you basically don't work at all unless it's something you want to do.

The interview with him that I read phrased it as something like "the title is the absolute minimum possible, but not a gurantee- or even reasonable for some people."

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
Who gives a fuck about building character via doing something you don't like? That's some bullshit if I've ever heard it. Personally, I'd rather love what I do and never have to "work" a day in my life.

The interview with him that I read phrased it as something like "the title is the absolute minimum possible, but not a gurantee- or even reasonable for some people."

AMEN!!

TS
TS
fatmoocow

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
4 weeks of actual time, not 4 calender weeks I believe

nope calender weeks. Fucker is insane.

So take a decent dip in size
perfect diet with very high protien
high intensity/heavy negative mostly olympic lifts
mostly untrained within the last year or so
then figure half of that is water weight

Doable?

60druidgurubash

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2006
menlo park and los angeles
yeah probably. i gained 20 lbs in the first 3 weeks. never worked out before. just started eating more and worked out 3-4 times a week. then it took me like 3 months to gain the next 4 lbs lol. wait nm...i gained 10 lbs the first 3 weeks. then another 10 the next month. then 4 the next 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan