ENT Star Trek needs to do a series set on Earth and just follows a bunch of nobodies

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
Maybe one of the janitors at Star Fleet HQ and how much he/she/they/it (could be an alien) just loves their job and then goes home to their shoebox size apartment in post scarcity Earth.

Mariner

Nov 11, 2000
PNW
This actually could be a good concept. Not the boring part, but like a spin-off that is set on earth and is actually interesting.

But I think Star Trek is essentially dead as a franchise.

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
This actually could be a good concept. Not the boring part, but like a spin-off that is set on earth and is actually interesting.

But I think Star Trek is essentially dead as a franchise.
dead as a franchise?? lol there is more trek content being created right now that at any point in history.

Reactions: makemedie

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
the original concept of star trek was that the human race is utopic and ideal. tedious jobs have been automated and everyone can live in luxury condos and do whatever they want.

not to say you couldn't have a Dennis Leary style uprising where people want to eat barbequed rat burgers, it just seems like it would be difficult to come up with enough conflict to keep the story interesting

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA
Personally I would’ve had a series about the Utopia Planitia shipyards.

Fuck...it would’ve been great.

cyclaptor

Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas

TS
TS

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
Thought there was a rumor of a star fleet academy show. Or maybe I'm thinking of what people thought picard was going to be?

See, that's be good. We rarely ever see what it's like on Earth. How does society work? If people don't earn money how do people who collect old things get them? Sexual favours?

TS
TS

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
the original concept of star trek was that the human race is utopic and ideal. tedious jobs have been automated and everyone can live in luxury condos and do whatever they want.

not to say you couldn't have a Dennis Leary style uprising where people want to eat barbequed rat burgers, it just seems like it would be difficult to come up with enough conflict to keep the story interesting

Star Trek Friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan