ENT Star Trek thread - which series should I be watching?

makemedie

Jan 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Just started watching Star Trek for the first time a few weeks ago. Started with.. Star Trek: Enterprise (is that good?) and binge watched the entire thing.

Now I've just started Star Trek: The Next Generation. Digging it. But weirdly I liked Enterprise more :shrug:

What should I watch after this? I had tried starting ST: Discovery but man I couldn't really get into it after the first episode :o

Reactions: lowfat

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
TNG and Voyager are my favorites. TNG starts out pretty rough but gets better in the later seasons. Watching that series again as an adult really makes me impressed with the special effects they had going on for TV back in those days.

Reactions: Korea and Twinsen

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Ds9 is a bit rough for the first season but it has an overarching conflict that is epic as fuck as the show progresses

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
DS9 and VOY then the movies through nemesis, no real need to watch the 09+ stuff. "Move along home" in DS9 is a hard pass, though, along with the ferengi specific episodes.

DSC and PIC are pretty much completely different...worth a watch but dont expect to take much away from them.

Lower decks is actually entertaining once you realize it's not meant to be taken seriously in any way whatsoever.

TS
TS
makemedie

makemedie

Jan 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
DS9 and VOY then the movies through nemesis, no real need to watch the 09+ stuff. "Move along home" in DS9 is a hard pass, though, along with the ferengi specific episodes.

DSC and PIC are pretty much completely different...worth a watch but dont expect to take much away from them.

Lower decks is actually entertaining once you realize it's not meant to be taken seriously in any way whatsoever.

I'm quite surprised that DS9 is getting so many votes.

Is it still good even if I start watching now? Hasn't it dated and aged poorly?

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I'm quite surprised that DS9 is getting so many votes.

Is it still good even if I start watching now? Hasn't it dated and aged poorly?

Nah, it's good. I liked Ds9, TNG, Voyager, and even the last season of Enterprise started to get decent IMO.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
i like you man, but you're crazy! :rofl:

I feel the ToS Films set the pace and world.
TNG, DS9, TNG Movies, and Voyager make up the meat of the IP. Enterprises is a prequel so it's independent. Then the new stuff.

I omitted ToS and TMP until last because they are hard to watch for a first timer and likely to turn people away from the franchise.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Oh sorry, thought you meant in terms of quality, my fault
I don't love them, but they have their place. I like them more than ToS and Enterprise, but even Voyager I enjoy more than any of the new Trek.

My favorites are the ToS films, TNG, and DS9.

S1 and 2 of both TNG and DS9 are both hard
... With TNG it has the same cringe feeling as ToS, and DS9 was so building up to the main plot and was very episodic at that point.

Reactions: oftenly

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
if watching enterprise is getting you hooked then you're in for many treats. definitely watch TNG next then DS9 (the best series) then voyager. You could throw TOS in there somewhere if you want but I was never able to get into it. just too dated.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan