TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Pretty standard for a 2 season show. We already know the end of this story. What sort of suspense do you want?
At least one or two plots wrapped up. Nothing was wrapped up in this season. Other than getting his motivation for joining the rebellion. Everything is still open and we have to wait until season 2 which is supposed to be the last season.

I would even accepted the Syril the Simp getting kissed by Star Wars Kim Wexler. :dunno:

I still need to watch the end credits scene though. But watching something with the wife at the moment.

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
At least one or two plots wrapped up. Nothing was wrapped up in this season. Other than getting his motivation for joining the rebellion. Everything is still open and we have to wait until season 2 which is supposed to be the last season.

I would even accepted the Syril the Simp getting kissed by Star Wars Kim Wexler. :dunno:

I still need to watch the end credits scene though. But watching something with the wife at the moment.
Don’t tell me there have been end credits scenes for each episode :rofl:

-Rico-

OT Supporter
Aug 25, 2004
Tejas
dark-helmet-spaceballs.gif

Reactions: Sean6293

Redbeard

OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Nowhere
Totally missed there was end credits scene.

Great season, I had no issue with the finale, wrapped things up nicely and set it up for S2.

Oh shit that was worth going back to watch.

in case you didn’t notice, the part they were building over and over in prison were being used for the star klller laser

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
Just finished it. Haven't watched any of the other star wars shows for what it's worth but I enjoyed this.

Cool to see a non Jedi star wars story. Enjoyed actual sets being built and a somewhat limited use of CGI. Good acting, especially Mon Mothma and Andor's mom. Liked the robot design/character as well.

Some issues with the writing/characters though.

-No confrontation between the protagonist and the main antagonist in the series? Even something as simple as seeing each other in the distance and making eye contact? Big miss.
-Some unnecessary characters (the dude he escaped the prison with? The fuck was the point of even having that character?)
-How they ended Andy Serkis's character ("I can't swim"). Really, that's how you leave off with him? After that big fight to escape?
-The character who lives with his mom. I get he had a motive to catch Andor but what the fuck was his purpose in the entire series aside from being a creepy stalker of the antagonist? Why not use this character to provide an additional unexpected antagonist for Andor who comes at him from a different angle?

Reactions: Sean6293

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Just finished it. Haven't watched any of the other star wars shows for what it's worth but I enjoyed this.

Cool to see a non Jedi star wars story. Enjoyed actual sets being built and a somewhat limited use of CGI. Good acting, especially Mon Mothma and Andor's mom. Liked the robot design/character as well.

Some issues with the writing/characters though.

-No confrontation between the protagonist and the main antagonist in the series? Even something as simple as seeing each other in the distance and making eye contact? Big miss.
-Some unnecessary characters (the dude he escaped the prison with? The fuck was the point of even having that character?)
-How they ended Andy Serkis's character ("I can't swim"). Really, that's how you leave off with him? After that big fight to escape?
-The character who lives with his mom. I get he had a motive to catch Andor but what the fuck was his purpose in the entire series aside from being a creepy stalker of the antagonist? Why not use this character to provide an additional unexpected antagonist for Andor who comes at him from a different angle?
- this season is all about recruiting Cassian to the cause, a confrontation between him and meero wasn't required for that to occur. Confrontations being relegated to s2 makes sense for this show.
- that dude is in rogue one apparently.
- I don't think this is necessarily an end for him. I also want more from the character bc he's fucking awesome but if he's simply part of that arc he's still fuckin legendary here.
- I also thought they were spending too much time on syril but ultimately this is clearly a mature writing team that knows very well what it's doing so I trust them to make that time well spent by the finish

My only real complaint with the season is that we spent too much time with Mon and that her scenes did drag in comparison to the rest. Did we really need that many moments to fully illustrate her debt? Using her daughter as a pawn to further the needs of the rebellion was a very interesting personal/ethical dilemma tho

Ultimately this show has brought a level of gravitas to this universe that it honestly didn't deserve. Awesome stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman