ENT Star Wars: Andor OFFISHUL Thread

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
It wasn't that great. :rolleyes:

Brother, this shows low points are miles higher than anything RoP put to screen this season.

Andor is operating on a higher level than any of the other SW shows, and it’s not close. There are actual consequences written into the story and characters behave authentically, as a starting point (Like Vel almost having a nervous breakdown before committing to the heist on the bridge). All those small moments of humanity on display build the credibility of the conflict and raise stakes, and episode 6 was tense as fuck because of it.

The ground level approach to this story makes this IP feel more alive than it has since empire strikes back, or maybe ever.

Like the tie fighters actually had a sense of intimidation when they launched, unlike literally every other time since the original trilogy. That’s because the lens of this show is down in the weeds with the normies. The show has stripped away some of the mysticism of Star Wars and is all the better for it.

Meanwhile RoP threw almost a full billion dollars at an average season of television. Yeah, it was gorgeous to look at, and that’s basically where the standout aspects of that show stop.

TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Fuck that prison. How is he going to get freed from that shit?
iron-man-down.gif

TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Fuck that prison. How is he going to get freed from that shit?
So I randomly came across some other 'Off-Topic' site where they seem to have a lot more engagement in "nerd" shows like Andor. And this guy pretty much hit every nail on the head regarding the eventual prison-break.

Andor is well-made, and every well-made show has plenty of foreshadowing. It follows then that the writers have already started sowing the seeds of prison-breakery.

What did Cassian learn in this episode? He learned that many of the guards don't carry weapons except zap-rods. He learned that the guards are understaffed and vulnerable. He observed a rack of protective rubber boots directly outside the work room. He learned how to use heavy equipment, including an industrial laser which looked uncannily like a blaster. He observed that it was possible for prisoners to communicate between work rooms. These are the things which feel most important to me.

Andy Serkis's overseer will be a problem for the prison-breakees to deal with. I would not be surprised if he meets a shocking end on the dormitory floor. But I would also not be surprised if his tab goes up and he joins their cause. (Note that Cassian's tab is 2189 in aurabesh, and six years is 2190 days.)

I predict the mechanics of the prison break will be fairly simple. A message is spread to another room using the hand signals during the shift change. At an agreed upon trigger, perhaps the start of a sprint, inmates will start causing havoc, but not in Cassian's room. The understaffed guards will divert manpower towards the problematic room. Cassian and his table will use distraction to break out of the room using the laser cutters. They will grab the boots to put them on level pegging with the guards, and overpower them with the laser cutters.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how they get onto the upper balcony inside their room.

The interesting part will be what motivates Cassian to break out. Does he finally accept that he needs to face the Empire rather than run away? I think we'll see a lot of fomenting inside that prison in the next episode.

• Wow
Reactions: Redbeard

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
I am going to try to watch Rogue One this weekend. I have some ideas how things lead into it.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
So I randomly came across some other 'Off-Topic' site where they seem to have a lot more engagement in "nerd" shows like Andor. And this guy pretty much hit every nail on the head regarding the eventual prison-break.

Andor is well-made, and every well-made show has plenty of foreshadowing. It follows then that the writers have already started sowing the seeds of prison-breakery.

What did Cassian learn in this episode? He learned that many of the guards don't carry weapons except zap-rods. He learned that the guards are understaffed and vulnerable. He observed a rack of protective rubber boots directly outside the work room. He learned how to use heavy equipment, including an industrial laser which looked uncannily like a blaster. He observed that it was possible for prisoners to communicate between work rooms. These are the things which feel most important to me.

Andy Serkis's overseer will be a problem for the prison-breakees to deal with. I would not be surprised if he meets a shocking end on the dormitory floor. But I would also not be surprised if his tab goes up and he joins their cause. (Note that Cassian's tab is 2189 in aurabesh, and six years is 2190 days.)

I predict the mechanics of the prison break will be fairly simple. A message is spread to another room using the hand signals during the shift change. At an agreed upon trigger, perhaps the start of a sprint, inmates will start causing havoc, but not in Cassian's room. The understaffed guards will divert manpower towards the problematic room. Cassian and his table will use distraction to break out of the room using the laser cutters. They will grab the boots to put them on level pegging with the guards, and overpower them with the laser cutters.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how they get onto the upper balcony inside their room.

The interesting part will be what motivates Cassian to break out. Does he finally accept that he needs to face the Empire rather than run away? I think we'll see a lot of fomenting inside that prison in the next episode.
I think the most obvious point missing from this post is.... It's pretty obvious that these prisoners are going to become the foot soldiers of the rebellion.
They even frame them to look like an army.

Reactions: InFesteD
TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I think the most obvious point missing from this post is.... It's pretty obvious that these prisoners are going to become the foot soldiers of the rebellion.
They even frame them to look like an army.
That would be neat to see play out. If it does go that way, gonna be a lot of blood on the way out.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Holy shit. Just realized another hint the prisoners are going to be the rebellion army…. Look at their prison uniform color palette. Remind you of anything?

That’s not accidental. And the way they all work together. The Empire has built and trained the army that is going to fight them.
163c79bbb84a6082a7a6340fad432a4a77-Andor-Episode-8-Recap.jpg

Rebel-Alliance_96d56058.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Holy shit. Just realized another hint the prisoners are going to be the rebellion army…. Look at their prison uniform color palette. Remind you of anything?

That’s not accidental. And the way they all work together. The Empire has built and trained the army that is going to fight them.
163c79bbb84a6082a7a6340fad432a4a77-Andor-Episode-8-Recap.jpg

Rebel-Alliance_96d56058.jpeg
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Something someone else also noticed was that one of the guys that was in Rogue One is in the prison with him.

1666963165017.png

1666963176108.png

Ruescott 'Melshi'

:x:

Reactions: Sean6293

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman