ENT Star Wars: Andor OFFISHUL Thread

S0lid Snake

Sep 21, 2005
California
Calm. Kindness. Kinship. Love.
I’ve given up all chance at inner peace. I’ve made my mind a sunless space. I share my dreams with ghosts. I wake up every day to an equation I wrote 15 years ago from which there’s only one conclusion, I’m damned for what I do.

My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield, my eagerness to fight, they’ve set me on a path from which there is no escape. I yearned to be a savior against injustice without contemplating the cost and by the time I looked down there was no longer any ground beneath my feet.

What is my sacrifice? I’m condemned to use the tools of my enemy to defeat them. I burn my decency for someone else’s future. I burn my life to make a sunrise that I know I’ll never see. And the ego that started this fight will never have a mirror or an audience or the light of gratitude.

So what do I sacrifice? Everything!

streetscaper

Aug 18, 2006
Wowww Episode 10,

I actually teared up during Kino's speech to the other inmates.. It was riveting stuff!

2857-1140x641.jpg

Reactions: Twinsen
TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I’ve given up all chance at inner peace. I’ve made my mind a sunless space. I share my dreams with ghosts. I wake up every day to an equation I wrote 15 years ago from which there’s only one conclusion, I’m damned for what I do.

My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield, my eagerness to fight, they’ve set me on a path from which there is no escape. I yearned to be a savior against injustice without contemplating the cost and by the time I looked down there was no longer any ground beneath my feet.

What is my sacrifice? I’m condemned to use the tools of my enemy to defeat them. I burn my decency for someone else’s future. I burn my life to make a sunrise that I know I’ll never see. And the ego that started this fight will never have a mirror or an audience or the light of gratitude.

P.S.
I can't swim.

:wtc:

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta

Best monologue in the IP, imo

Reactions: Jason H and HUGE

HUGE

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Will probably do that even moreso after season 2 is over

This is a Star Wars hill I'm totally willing to die on:
The rebellion should have a fucking MONUMENT to Jyn Erso (and probably the whole squad on that Scarif mission, including obviously Andor). I mean she was basically a street thug and managed to patch together a rag tag group of rebels with whom she infiltrated an imperial planet/base/top secret room. She wasn't a Jedi, had no special powers or remarkable abilities, and still managed to deliver the Death Star plans which saved potentially dozens (hundreds?) of PLANETS... TRILLIONS OF PEOPLE... and died in the process. If she's not a fucking hero I dunno who is.

Reactions: Twinsen

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
This is a Star Wars hill I'm totally willing to die on:
The rebellion should have a fucking MONUMENT to Jyn Erso (and probably the whole squad on that Scarif mission, including obviously Andor). I mean she was basically a street thug and managed to patch together a rag tag group of rebels with whom she infiltrated an imperial planet/base/top secret room. She wasn't a Jedi, had no special powers or remarkable abilities, and still managed to deliver the Death Star plans which saved potentially dozens (hundreds?) of PLANETS... TRILLIONS OF PEOPLE... and died in the process. If she's not a fucking hero I dunno who is.

Manybothans iirc

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
I mean that right there is what makes Luthens monologue in the last episode so utterly compelling though. He’s arguably even more vital than Jyn and he knows there will be nothing for him in regards to memorialization. He’s doing it, ruining his own relationships, his own happiness, his own life life, and he will see absolutely nothing for it. Worse, he won’t even be remembered for it. It’s the ultimate sacrifice.

Nightfreed

OT Supporter
May 1, 2020
too much set up, not enough andor.

there were some good scenes, but for the most part it wasnt my fav.

so far its been

ep-6
ep-10
ep-3
ep-9
ep-4
ep-5
ep-8
ep-7
ep-2
ep-1
ep-11

TS
TS
Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Another strong episode, with one scene in particular blowing me away

That scene of Luthen escaping the arrest or ship was fucking :bowdown:
My jaw basically dropped. But Jesus that whole scene was like gone in 60 seconds. :rofl:

And I don't know what it is about this show, each episode is like 40-50 minutes or so, but it's always ending so quickly.

Yet, I am  watching suffering each episode of Rings of Power and I feel every bit of of the full one hour of each exciting boring episode. :rofl:

Reactions: Capt. Hammer

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
My jaw basically dropped. But Jesus that whole scene was like gone in 60 seconds. :rofl:

And I don't know what it is about this show, each episode is like 40-50 minutes or so, but it's always ending so quickly.

Yet, I am  watching suffering each episode of Rings of Power and I feel every bit of of the full one hour of each exciting boring episode. :rofl:
lol I really enjoyed the Rings of Power.... apparently I am easy impressed. or maybe its just that I am a Tolkien nerd. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman