SPORTS Started BJJ tonight

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
holy fuck...so much fun :bowdown:

It was intimidating as fuck when we walked in there because it was kick boxing before the bjj session. Nothing like seeing two guys walk into a place filled with shirtless ripped dudes that look like they could kick our heads off :rofl:

I went with a friend and everybody was wearing a GI except one guy. Rubbing sweating arms hurt like a bitch though. Now I'm just waiting for my ground control gold weave gi to arrive. itr452 said its good so I trust his asian ass :squint:

They taught us the x-guard and how to get a knee bar from that position. It was our first time there so we were flailing around like idiots :mamoru:

Can't wait to go back tomorrow :bowdown:

XJ3B

wat
Aug 4, 2007
sweet

it will be hard for quite some time, then one day everything will click

then the next week you will feel like you suck again

that cycle will usually repeat unless you are bj penn

kroneX

Jul 19, 2007
lol @ kneebar in first class, i been rolling for over a year and a half, and have only been shown the kneebar once.

Where did u train?

TS
TS
EG6

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
lol @ x-guard on first class.......

glad you liked it :)

lol @ kneebar in first class, i been rolling for over a year and a half, and have only been shown the kneebar once.

Where did u train?

there's a lot of places that just show whatever and even if you're new you just jump in :dunno:

^ :werd: to Maestro Nobones. Adam showed us the moves and we'd drill em.

We went to Dynamic MMA (http://dynamicmma.com/) and they have a bunch of different sessions each day. We went to the "all levels" class from 7:30-9:30 and there were a couple of guys in there training for a BJJ tournament this weekend.

They have a "basics & fundamentals" class which is better geared for us but I'm still at work unless I leave early. I'm thinking of doing that next week. I guess I'll see how the rest of this week goes.

I gotta admit that it was pretty tough because for a while there we had no idea what the proper technique was until one of the regulars came over and showed us.

AK-47

Banned
May 4, 2006
thats a kickass schedule your place has. Training everyday and even in the mornings and afternoons + sundays is ftw

rtzcom

bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~
Jan 14, 2005
CT
Just enjoy the ride and soak in whatever they teach you.

TS
TS
EG6

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
thats a kickass schedule your place has. Training everyday and even in the mornings and afternoons + sundays is ftw

Schedule is pretty FTW if you can make the earlier BJJ classes cause that's 4 hours of BJJ Mon-Thurs. It was kinda gross stepping on the mats because they were soaked but after awhile I didn't give a shit since I was already sweating like a pig :o

Redneck Shinobi

Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that
Oct 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
God damnit what day's do you guys train down there? I really gotta join up, Adam is such a cool dude. I just gotta stop being so broke T_T.

Redneck Shinobi

Oct 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
prophit, where u train at?
am i and eg6 the only dynamic guys?

10th planet in vancouver coming soon!
Bravo probably had a blast up here.
The bud is kind, good sir.
I have a buddy that trains down there too Will Wong (I know probably like 100 million of them) but he smoked a spliff with Bravo a few weeks ago after his seminar.

TS
TS
EG6

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
God damnit what day's do you guys train down there? I really gotta join up, Adam is such a cool dude. I just gotta stop being so broke T_T.

itr452 said he usually goes on Tues/Thurs

Alien and I are probably going to do it at least Mon-Thurs 730-930

Depending on how work is next week, I might drop by for the 4:30-5:30 beginners class. They have classes on Sat/Sun @ 1pm but Adam doesn't teach on the weekends.

I can't believe how big Adam is :eek3: In the pics on the website he looks like he's in good shape but I didn't expect him to be so big haha

Redneck Shinobi

Oct 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
itr452 said he usually goes on Tues/Thurs

Alien and I are probably going to do it at least Mon-Thurs 730-930

Depending on how work is next week, I might drop by for the 4:30-5:30 beginners class. They have classes on Sat/Sun @ 1pm but Adam doesn't teach on the weekends.

I can't believe how big Adam is :eek3: In the pics on the website he looks like he's in good shape but I didn't expect him to be so big haha
Lawls Lurker Alien outta nowhere.

Adam is frigging huge! He is also very helpful and approachable for a guy so huge. I've never seen him get frustrated showing people moves, although I've seen him frustrated at tourny's :rofl:. What kinda package did you get from Dynamic, can you do the MT/kickboxing? I forget the guy's name now that teaches it, but jesus is he ever good. He throws 3 different kicks with the same setup, blows my mind every time I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor