ART Starting a personal project v.becauseIloveOTAP

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
So I'm starting a personal project. it was originally KDubbs idea he wanted me to help him w/... but we put it to the side, and we all know what happened to him. :hs:

The idea is that people want to see what a chef does/cooks in their own kitchen at home. They also want to know whats in a chef's fridge, what the stove looks like, etc.

Well, after a few years of procrastination, I got off my ass when one of my old clients called me and asked me to take some pics for her. She's doing a cook book and submitting the pictures to every publishing house she knows until someone accepts it and publishes her book. I saw it as a good opportunity to have my first post for my project, too... not to mention, she's not bad looking and lives in a swanky place (she's a dentist!).

ANYWAY... talking to a couple of people here (Clint, Scott, and Jason mostly), I should have a whole new blog coming up soon w/ a decent look for it. Here's a 'signature' shot that I'm going to include in all the posts... and you can give Jason credit for the idea!

701_2441.JPG

I'll be approaching little private bistros and restaurants here in the Houston area and seeing if the chefs/owners would be interested in doing similar shoots for them, to promote their place, their cooking, and them. Plus, they get some good shots of themselves out of it.

Let me know what you guys think about this. :noes:

Last edited:

dmora

:cool: I met a photographer who gave a lecture at one of my courses. He had done this sort of project as well. He said its funny what you find in people's fridge. But it was all lookin in to their fridges.

I like this one from P-L diCorcia, "Mario" 1978

dicorcia.jpg

Should be cool, lookin forward to see it man. :cool:

TS
TS
Girth

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
here's a few I'm emailing her so she can check 'em out. I'll post a link to the post when I have it all up. :run:

701_2571.JPG

701_2616.JPG

701_2654.JPG

701_2655.JPG

701_2685.JPG

701_2721.JPG

mojito

Mar 8, 2003
nice.

my bro is a chef and we've done some shoots with his friends, they cook, I shoot, we all win :bigthumb:

mojito

Mar 8, 2003
that tuna was :bowdown:

I almost ate the whole plate afterward.

always helps when you have motivation. ;)

get your shit setup with a test plate, so when it comes off hot, it still looks hot and then you can eat it hot :bigthumb:

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
fantastic man... absolutely fantastic. And big kuddos for actually going through and starting a personal project. I've had two on the back burner for a year or two that I just keep putting off....

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
That seared ahi looks amazing...great shots and awesome idea! Looking forward to what comes of this. :) Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448