FIT Starting to work out

Status
Not open for further replies.

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
So, i just read a bunch of the threads in here, and it pretty much inspired me to start working out. I'm a chubby wubby... pics for reference:
IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

I have a gym membership but I rarely use it, I want to start to go routinely, and I'm going to do my best to follow a set workout plan. My goal is to cut fat and over time build muscle and get broly like most of you brosephs are.
I have just a few questions...

Is it bad to do too much cardio? Like, would running/biking/stepmastering for more than 1 hour a day be too much?

Also, how much sleep should I get a day? I'm not sure how much I should be sleeping?

Is it a good idea to keep a workout log?

and lastly, should I keep an eating log as well?

Please help, as this is the first time I'm going about this in a structured manner. till now i've kind of just sparingly gone to the gym with the brotatos to lift a few weights. the only thing that I don't like is that when I lift weights, i feel like a bunch of the bros there will look at me and think bad things about me, or talk with their workout brodies about me?

any input helps! :wavey:

TS
TS
romostud22

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
Track/road/somewhere you don't mind looking crazy and out of shape.
Day 1 is Tuesday Day 2 is Thursday.

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 3 reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 4 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 4reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 5 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 5 reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 6 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 5 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 3 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 6 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 4 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 7 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 5 reps

Print that out. That is six weeks of sprint training right there that if you follow it and don't slouch, will shed some fat and increase your VO2 Max. (lung capacity)

And lift weights. Your metabolism stays up for something like 30 hours after your last rep.

i'll do it. i just took a nekked picture of me for a before and i'll take one after, i'm not sure if i'll see a difference but I hope i feel a difference. and that works out perfect for me because tues & thurs are my days off from work. what does my VO2 Max do exactly? i can have more air in my lungs?

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
I like that this beginner comes into F&N and somebody lays out a sprint routine for him to follow, like he's some kind of athlete or something...

FYI threadstarter, you are getting advice from an 08 with less than 200 posts

read the stickies and follow Pur's plan, it's the easiest for a beginner because it's all laid out for you, you can do the sprints if you want, I don't care, but that would be more than I would have told you. Just eat clean and lift some weights in a sensible manner

grimstone

magic murda bag
OT Supporter
Sep 28, 2004
atx
telling someone out of shape to go from no activity to sprinting seems like a very smart idea.

Uglybob69

I miss beer.
Sep 17, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Do the stickied routine, it's solid and it will teach you the exercises. Read read read. BE CONSISTENT IN WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO AND WORK HARD.

Also, nobody really cares what you're doing in the gym. If guys are giggling at you it doesn't matter, when you come day in and day out for 6 months and start to improve yourself, you'll win over the biggest assholes in there. Unless you come daily, work out like a pansy and never improve. Then you'll be "that guy"

TS
TS
romostud22

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
thanks guys! i really appreciate all the feedback! i'll do more reading into the stickies and archives! i also found that site that shows you how to do the exercises. i'll keep you guys updated!

4cd-Air

Oct 4, 2001
:werd:

You don't have to have 50k posts and join 01 to know what you're talking doing.

understood, but a sprint routine for somebody "just getting started" is ridiculous, 5 posts or 50k, just pointing out a coincidence...the guy is new and doesn't know the "trusted" members and regulars in here

TS
TS
romostud22

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
Anyone can sprint for 60 seconds. I didn't say he needed to cover (x) distance in that 60 seconds. He just needs to run as hard as he can. And it's a lot easier on your knees and ankles that running for 15 minutes on the treadmill.

And romo, basically when your VO2 max increases it will take you longer and longer before you get winded.

i like that. so when i run really fast, just go as fast as i can for 60 seconds? because today i ran for as fast as i could and i could only do it for like 48 seconds... i'll update again on thursday how much longer i can go

4cd-Air

Oct 4, 2001
Anyone can sprint for 60 seconds. I didn't say he needed to cover (x) distance in that 60 seconds. He just needs to run as hard as he can. And it's a lot easier on your knees and ankles that running for 15 minutes on the treadmill.

And romo, basically when your VO2 max increases it will take you longer and longer before you get winded.

There's nothing wrong with a little sprint/interval training, but this guy has more problems than sprinting can solve. I think he's looking for something a little for all-encompassing than sprinting down to a 130lb...he said he wants to "get broly" and sprints are not going to do it alone. You have a great idea and I am not discouraging him from trying it, just saying that a beginner will do 3 days of sprints, get so sore he wants to die, and give up forever.

TS
TS
romostud22

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
Woohoo! I rocked 60 seconds sprinting. I did 30 mins of stepmaster too. i also rocked 3 sets of these things called 21's and 3 sets of preacher curls, and 3 sets of dumbell curls. i also rocked something called skull crushers, three sets of those...and then 3 sets of the thing where you have that black rope and you pull down, it works out the triceps, i did three sets of that too. i had a pretty fun workout today. can't wait to get broly and post pics. :)

TS
TS
romostud22

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
oh yeah, and quick question, is it okay to eat grilled turkey patties? i went to costco and bought these turkey patty thingies, they're so dank. i put some pepper, salt, garlic, & paprica on them and tossed it on the grill and ate it with some onions, tomatos, pickles, & two slices of bread, is that okay? pic for reference:
IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

mmmBoss

OT Supporter
Nov 17, 2003
VA
Track/road/somewhere you don't mind looking crazy and out of shape.
Day 1 is Tuesday Day 2 is Thursday.

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 3 reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 4 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 4reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 5 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 3 min recovery x 5 reps
Day 2: 60 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 6 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 5 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 3 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 6 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 4 reps

Day 1: 60 second all out sprint + 60 sec recovery x 7 reps
Day 2: 120 second all out sprint + 2 min recovery x 5 reps

Print that out. That is six weeks of sprint training right there that if you follow it and don't slouch, will shed some fat and increase your VO2 Max. (lung capacity)

And lift weights. Your metabolism stays up for something like 30 hours after your last rep.

Jesus Christ...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan