CAR State Farm Drive Safe and Save GPS thingamajiggy for your car

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Switched to State Farm because it was way cheaper than Progressive for more coverage and now they want me to install a GPS thing that rates your driving and how fast you go and brake and other stuff that gives you a driving score. What happens if you drive fast or brake hard? Does your insurance go up?

• Haha
Reactions: Actvs Dei

DigiCrime

If Only!
Oct 25, 2001
St. Louis
Pretty sure I'd get docked or dinged on my insurance if they considered every panic stop I made just cause I avoided an accident. no thanks

TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
I’m with State Farm and I’d never let them install anything like that in my car.
I'm paying a little over $100/month for full coverage/max insurance for a 2019 SUV and 2021 car for 2 drivers so wondering if the trade off is worth the super cheap insurance.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson
TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Fuck Progressive. With Geico now but I'm gonna get a quote from State Farm. I definitely wouldn't install shit on my car but 20 bucks is 20 bucks
Progressive sucks. Had them for over 20 years and were in 3 accidents over that period but they were all the other parties fault and they still kept raising the premiums.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Switched to State Farm because it was way cheaper than Progressive for more coverage and now they want me to install a GPS thing that rates your driving and how fast you go and brake and other stuff that gives you a driving score. What happens if you drive fast or brake hard? Does your insurance go up?
Yes. If you accelerate hard or brake hard, your rates may be affected

Reactions: Dusty Busterson
TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Dat high risk category lol.
~$100 a month for full coverage for 2 drivers and 2 vehicles is high risk?

I've never had a car insurance claim in my life, my wife has had 3 with Progressive but she was not at fault for all 3 accidents.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarieMPA