Stock Crew 2008: Confucius says: An outgoing tide lowers all boats 🤿🛟🚣‍♂️

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
most motels and corner stores in my hood are indian owned. yes they own the store but they'll aslo work 24/7 in a blue collar manner and never will enjoy that money
Also they usually have a lot of "family money" invested in that store as well correct? Culturally speaking.

Reactions: taqman15

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
seriously, does anyone know any blue collar indians? I grew up middle class so I got to see people of all types. all the indians I meet are in STEM or medical. I guess they're also well known for being business owners ie running roach motels & restaurants.
I'd say most of them are 1st generation immigrants. Many saw their parents and family struggle initially and put in the effort to become successful themselves

Iirc Nigerian-Americans are the most successful of any immigrant group
"The Migration Policy Institute reports that 29% of Nigerian Americans have a master's degree, PhD, or an advanced professional degree (compared to 11% of the U.S population overall)"

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
seriously, does anyone know any blue collar indians? I grew up middle class so I got to see people of all types. all the indians I meet are in STEM or medical. I guess they're also well known for being business owners ie running roach motels & restaurants.
a good childhood friend is an electrician/power lineman at a utility. his dad was a truck driver. my friend's previous career was ballet dancer

Subliminal012

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
San Francisco, CA
most motels and corner stores in my hood are indian owned. yes they own the store but they'll aslo work 24/7 in a blue collar manner and never will enjoy that money

That's very common thing a stark difference you see in outcomes with those that are more operator focused vs seeing the forest from the trees. The most successful family I know leveraged up their motel/hotel empire and diversified into a successful biotech company and have 2B AUM in their family office.

Reactions: taqman15

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
a good childhood friend is an electrician/power lineman at a utility. his dad was a truck driver. my friend's previous career was ballet dancer
true, I do remember one time hiring an electrician to come do an estimate and he was indian. anyway its clear that indians have that asian mindset of understanding the value of education. and delayed gratification since they're cheap as fuck :mamoru:

tokyonights

Believe in me, who believes in you
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2003
Chicago
FmRuXQBWAAApiAu
:wtc: @Latino-Americans

• Support
Reactions: stevezissou

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
we employ tons of theM, all their kids are doctors, lawyers, high in corporate america etc.

I’m blue/white collar.

My life today

mnBJdf8h.jpg

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Lot of truck drivers around here.

Edit: but the theme outside of tech/finance is owning whatever it is. Convenient store, motels, etc

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
I am more happy about LAC being above 20. I have 115 short puts @ 20. (feb 17th)

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
company says they will likely Ch11
people short
meme crew says lol we will squeeze

company that says they are going bankrupt stock goes up 210%

the stock market is stupid :rofl:
APE army buying calls at 150, WE CAN DO ITTTTT!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Menger

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy