Stock Crew 2008: Confucius says: An outgoing tide lowers all boats 🤿🛟🚣‍♂️

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
Is that because they are paying out more rewards than they are taking in with APR?
I would assume the operations of the card are not losing money (seems sort of hard to do) but they paid Apple a little toooo much to be their exclusive partner.

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
giphy.gif

lol

I just looked up Avatar 1 and it made 2.92 billion in the box office. I can't really see them doing that twice though...

Reactions: obscure/renegade

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
I mean it might get there, but the movie isn't as glorious as the first one/as I thought it would be. TG2 had more going for it, IMHO

oh you didn't like the second one? well my friend you are in luck

Combined with its run in international territories, Avatar 2 has made over $1.9 billion so far and looks set to claim Spider-Man: No Way Home's position as the sixth-highest-grossing movie of all time across the world. With solid box office performance, director James Cameron is ready to move forward with Avatar 3, 4, and 5.

• Haha

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
the production was $400M and marketing another $200M. so that $2B break even number wasn't confirmed but every news outlet ran with it. its already deep into the green
It was fud from taste makers hoping it'd fail. Avatar is sorta Michael Bay esque in its hate, because it focuses on a simple, derivative plot that's really just a low brow visual spectacle.
But Avatars success proves people are cool with just being entertained without having to think too much.
Especially with superhero burnout, it was a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    abdallahppp6