Stock Crew 2008: Confucius says: An outgoing tide lowers all boats 🤿🛟🚣‍♂️

Devastator

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
NYC
the production was $400M and marketing another $200M. so that $2B break even number wasn't confirmed but every news outlet ran with it. its already deep into the green
The longer a movie stays in theaters the studios receive a lower revenue split than the opening week. So for a movie like Avatar that makes so much of its total after that opening week the more it needs to make to turn a "true profit".

jaspirr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
talked to a few locals while I was in the Bahamas and asked them about FTX. at least half of them invested most of their disposable money into FTX and lost 100% of it. The government promises them that they're going to sell the real estate and refund everyone but nobody believes it.

my cab driver that I use every time i'm there says he used to drive the FTX employees everywhere. said they just kept going to hotels and restaurants and never seemed to have any work to do

• Sad
Reactions: anemic and Hisma

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
talked to a few locals while I was in the Bahamas and asked them about FTX. at least half of them invested most of their disposable money into FTX and lost 100% of it. The government promises them that they're going to sell the real estate and refund everyone but nobody believes it.

my cab driver that I use every time i'm there says he used to drive the FTX employees everywhere. said they just kept going to hotels and restaurants and never seemed to have any work to do
:rofl:

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

so enron 2.0 via houston

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
main-qimg-d92e0d99b507dbf8fcd8d1eb57e33ed3

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
so i bought some Russian stock back in February 2022 hoping that the war would be short and that the stock would 10x

it did not. the stock was frozen for an entire year and then finally yesterday they liquidated it. my $2,000 investment was liquidated for 0.03. yes that's three cents.
Sounds like me but it was options and it was China. :wtc:

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
The longer a movie stays in theaters the studios receive a lower revenue split than the opening week. So for a movie like Avatar that makes so much of its total after that opening week the more it needs to make to turn a "true profit".

eh lots of armchair calculations and speculations in that vid. regardless, the break even estimate is for the studio to break even. james cameron is aready deep green woodyharrelsonwipingeyeswithmoney.gif

didn't know they offered matt damon 10% profit share and he turned it down. they got sam worthington cheap at 5%

it'll gain more steam once it hits streaming

plus they're filming 3/4/5 consecutively which will hep out in that production cost

Reactions: Devastator

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
so i bought some Russian stock back in February 2022 hoping that the war would be short and that the stock would 10x

it did not. the stock was frozen for an entire year and then finally yesterday they liquidated it. my $2,000 investment was liquidated for 0.03. yes that's three cents.

this describes me but with pharma plays on FDA approvals :wtc:

nowadays all of that is priced in for some approvals so the spikes aren't always there

non-FDA approval is an immediate 50% loss and then milked down to OTCs or bankrupcy

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV

Now that we're seeing this little run happening, I'm seeing blockchain engineer jobs popping up with 300k+ starting salaries.

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter

Personal cabbie on a vacation island FTW

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
cnbc list of stocks above their 200 day that regained their bull trend

alaska airlines, delta, diamondback energy, wells fargo, lennar, walmart

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
1674064900109.png

Reading this on the 529 to IRA thing

Seems like opening one now with no beneficiary defined may not be an approach I can make

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
I have a guy in cabo :rofl:

look at stock crew and our high end lifestyles :tbow:

money-rain-make-it-rain.gif
Shit man, when I was in fucking NYC for weeks I wasn't going to rent shit or keep tagging up Lyft over and over. I'd rather pay a guy to come to me directly and give him paper that he can pocket. Plus he had great suggestions for places to eat.

In Destin, it is just as great because I can park my ride and not think about it again until it's time to leave. Trying to park at the outlets alone isn't worth the headache, not to mention sand in the damn rides that I have to deal with later.

My brother's dude in Vegas is a mobile pharmacy on top of always knowing a great off-strip spot, always has some good scotch handy as well. Last I head he had upgraded to a Hummer limo.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    abdallahppp6