CREW Stock Crew 2022: Be your own boss, make your own hours…. We got actual Lambos in here 🏛📈🚀

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
40+% this year vs 20% down the road

No choice for me to make here
And I wish you the best of luck!

Just keep the shares until you die and then let the basis reset for your kids :cool:
There's a lot of moving parts there as well :eek3d:

A new trust for the kid, and a new account for the fiancé, which I referenced some number of pages ago (1mm total between them), with another 400k being moved into their accounts before 12/31.

The kid's new trust is almost all growth, with one div stock on a custom DRIP that I manage, and the same thing with the fiancé's account, only with a slightly more aggressive dividend profile. She has the login and can make her own moves, but I'm taking the responsibility since she's only traded for two years and needs more time with options. She has 50k in WeBull that she has grown from the 20k I gave her late last year, so I think she's gonna do really well.

So, managing my portfolio, my daughter's, and my fiancé's, with different strategies for each. It's good times.

Finally, I have spent hours with the estate attorney to manage things in the case of an Untimely, as it were.

Last edited:
  • Cool
Reactions: anemic

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
update - these are now 25 AMZN 100c for a gain of $55,600 :tbow:

Are you gonna stay in it past your sell @ 50 mark or nah?

I would say...

giphy.gif

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
@993kgt @obscure/renegade i haven't touched a single thing in my IRA this whole year. Last activity outside of auto reinvesting dividends was in December 2021.

The problem is I decided it would be a great idea to buy 100 shares of AAL at $21 last year "sO i CoUlD sElL cAlLs!!" :cjerk:

So I'm down 35% there

And I got it in my head last year I'd buy 100 shares of Disney so I could sell calls against those as well. Well... Not only did I fail to secure a full 100 shares, I also got the idea in my head when the shares were over $150 a rip.

And I'm down 31% there.

As we all know, I'm not good at timing, I'm not good at picking good stonks, and I'm just bad at this stuff in general... But I wanna retire someday.

When is it acceptable to cut my losses and sell for a loss? I want to move all this money into swppx and let it do its thing for the next 30 years. Simple as that. Only thing holding me back is securing the losses in a Roth with no tax benefit for taking the loss.

Pls halp.

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
@993kgt @obscure/renegade i haven't touched a single thing in my IRA this whole year. Last activity outside of auto reinvesting dividends was in December 2021.

The problem is I decided it would be a great idea to buy 100 shares of AAL at $21 last year "sO i CoUlD sElL cAlLs!!" :cjerk:

So I'm down 35% there

And I got it in my head last year I'd buy 100 shares of Disney so I could sell calls against those as well. Well... Not only did I fail to secure a full 100 shares, I also got the idea in my head when the shares were over $150 a rip.

And I'm down 31% there.

As we all know, I'm not good at timing, I'm not good at picking good stonks, and I'm just bad at this stuff in general... But I wanna retire someday.

When is it acceptable to cut my losses and sell for a loss? I want to move all this money into swppx and let it do its thing for the next 30 years. Simple as that. Only thing holding me back is securing the losses in a Roth with no tax benefit for taking the loss.

Pls halp.

Don’t sell either. Double down and buy more

I’d buy DIS before AAL though….but neither will be disappearing anytime soon

Reactions: michael

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
I really need to start learning how to make money with options.
Fixed.

Options are amazing for making money. Not understanding options is a good way to waste money. I'm sure everyone in this thread can tell a story of how they threw x dollars away on options that they didn't close when they had profit or the underlying didn't move the way you want it to.

IMHO: An over simplified description of options is: Trading greater rewards and less buying power costs while sacrificing infinite time when compared to holding stocks / etf / etc.

Watch this channel.
and 100% watch this full video on that channel.

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
Fixed.

Options are amazing for making money. Not understanding options is a good way to waste money. I'm sure everyone in this thread can tell a story of how they threw x dollars away on options that they didn't close when they had profit or the underlying didn't move the way you want it to.

IMHO: An over simplified description of options is: Trading greater rewards for less buying power costs while sacrificing infinite time when compared to holding stocks / etf / etc.

Also, taxes

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia

So I'm down 35% there

And I'm down 31% there.

Pls halp.
I'd fucking dig in on DIS since you are there. Our children will be gone before Disney goes under. IMO that's one you can blindly throw down into right the fuck now.

American, I know someone who got absolutely torched early on and *checks chart* over the last few weeks, RSI looks fine and has been mostly so since late spring, signal is vaguely bullish over the last couple of days. Hang on to it for a bit longer, but be wary.

Here's the YTD

Screenshot_2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary