CREW Stock Crew 2022: Posting now restricted from 8-5. Focus on that day job 💸🧑‍🦼💨

jaspirr

Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
I wonder how many people literally fainted today. My face is all hot but I'm still mostly waiting it out. Sold some random stuff I'm even on to throw in on the higher conviction shite

in brutal stock months like this, I think about the top execs at these tech companies. how can these people get up in the morning and drive to work when their company stock is down 75% and their entire retirement plan is based on that company?

i know they still get paid a good salary but these people probably want to jump off a bridge watching their retirement funds drop by 75%.

jaspirr

Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
Any wisdom on throwing money at a leveraged etf like tqqq for the rebound?
that's what i'm doing here. i put some good money into QQQ. i'm not expecting a return to all time high immediately, but this drop is way oversold. even a modest 1 or 2% correction upwards should make good money on these triple leveraged.

Reactions: anemic

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
in brutal stock months like this, I think about the top execs at these tech companies. how can these people get up in the morning and drive to work when their company stock is down 75% and their entire retirement plan is based on that company?

i know they still get paid a good salary but these people probably want to jump off a bridge watching their retirement funds drop by 75%.

If they're close to retirement age and aren't in something stable then that's a risk they're taking.

Reactions: intro_vert13

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird

I imagine these people are worth enough that they should have an unlimited time horizon for kids and grand kids with enough set aside for themselves.

jaspirr

Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
I imagine these people are worth enough that they should have an unlimited time horizon for kids and grand kids with enough set aside for themselves.
I know they're not on the verge of being homeless, but it still can't be a good feeling. If you're a biotech executive and you've made some amazing progress for years and years, your stock options are valued at 5 million dollars for retirement, and then suddenly one month in January 2022 ruins everything and your retirement is now 1 million. That's life changing. And then you have to drive into work and literally every single employee and executive is depressed over the stock price, it must be miserable. i know none of us are going homeless over this but watching your account screen go from 10 million to 1 million is hard to tolerate.

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
I know they're not on the verge of being homeless, but it still can't be a good feeling. If you're a biotech executive and you've made some amazing progress for years and years, your stock options are valued at 5 million dollars for retirement, and then suddenly one month in January 2022 ruins everything and your retirement is now 1 million. That's life changing. And then you have to drive into work and literally every single employee and executive is depressed over the stock price, it must be miserable. i know none of us are going homeless over this but watching your account screen go from 10 million to 1 million is hard to tolerate.
Yeah I see what you’re saying. If your retirement is just 1mil Lion then your time horizon isn’t infinite. That’s something to be careful with for sure.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
you sonofabitch
GkinNsn.gif

Reactions: Jon91SE

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74