GAME Streets of Rage Remake

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
well what the fuck, is there a way to adjust the resolution in full screen?

Windowed mode is a tiny little box and the makers must think we all still use CRT monitors or something, because it's a very low resolution whatever it is.

I find it hard to believe this took years and years to make. I was expecting better/remade graphics. The games look exactly like they do when using an emulator, but the emulator you can adjust the resolution and play in full screen.

Came in expecting a lot, but in the end let down :wtc:

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
Update:

Having a semi-configurable CPU ally is an awesome addition, and after more play time the graphics are a little better than the genesis version but definably smoother. The special effects add more excitement to the game play.

Running the game on my 21" crt side monitor (It sits to the side of my desk, fucker is gigantic but where it sits you can't tell. I usually leave some show running on it all the time) in full screen isn't a problem and it seems to run better in full screen mode.

Game is fucking hard, got my ass handed to me and lost 3 lives to those two bastard chicks in the club from SoR3 first level. Hate those bitches, they're the sole reason I don't like SoR3 because they're too hard :o Difficulty is not a bad thing though, I could always put it on easy I guess, dunno if there is an "easier" option or not.

The way the game works its stages is new, you have chances to go in directions sometimes and change the "route" you're heading through, neat addition.

Last edited:

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
Game is such a fucking piece of shit.

I swear to god why did he make full screen mode like 320x240 and the windowed mode can't be sized up?

And why the fuck did I just beat the game and buy some shit so I could open it back up and it tell me I have to buy the game again?

8 years my ass, he spent 3 days doing this and was just lazy about when he worked on it.

Yoritomo

dad's jar chimer
Sep 26, 2001
DFW
Although the enemies seem to only move at "hardest" speed from sor2. Even if you lower the difficulty their vertical speed is still very very high making the game much harder.

Yoritomo

dad's jar chimer
Sep 26, 2001
DFW
Well harder than hard and lower.

Also I can rehost it if anyone wants since the download link at the bombergames site got yanked.

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
Boomdart drinking again

actually I'm not :o

User error on the lost save game though, you have to quit by pressing alt+x or it doesn't save. Stupid as hell but that's how it is.

I figured out a fix for the small window problem, just use the windows magnifier :coold:

Yoritomo is right though, I've been playing on easy and it's still fucking hard. Just beat it twice, got 3 cheats on and I think I might be ready for medium :wiggle:

The only bosses that piss me off are the two chicks. They move so fast and are impossible to catch up to and hit before they jump kick you

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Sep 7, 2007
Chicago
Made it to Mr. X on normal difficulty with 5 lives, lost just before killing the bastard :ugh:

really though, the walk speed on the enemies is really fucking high for normal difficulty....way too high for the amount of upgraded enemies he put on screen at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan