FIT Stronglifts 5x5 vs. Full Body Workout vs. Specific body workout ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongerbonger

Jan 25, 2002
Bay Area
So i'm working on switching up my workout and i'm trying to decide which workout is a better fit for me.

I lift 3 days a week (M/W/F) and I do cardio 3 days a week (Tu/Th/Sat)

Right now I am doing full-body circuit workouts:

circuit a
- chest
- legs
- back

circuit b
- biceps
-shoulders
- triceps

I am wondering if I should try switching to the 5x5 routine or doing specific body workouts on certain days (ex. Monday - Chest/Back Wednesday - Triceps/Biceps etc.)

any advice?

My main goals is to lose fat and gain muscle + strength, but not bulk up too much.

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
Stick with the circuits maybe.

Have one day focusing on heavy loads and power movements while another day maybe focusing on repetition and stamina.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Based on the way you're asking this question, I'm 99% sure you're a beginner still - in which case you'd benefit more from the 5x5 basic compound movements on a M/W/F schedule with the same cardio you usually do. This is because you need more of a base and don't have much muscle on you. Of course Ceaze might swoop in and tell me no.

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009
i do isolation exercises for everything..4 sets of 4-7 reps...but i 5x5 my bench press and squats. u mad?

BigBlind

There is only one way to become champion; never fu
OT Supporter
May 17, 2007
Asgard
pretty funny that half of your workout is dedicated to your legs, chest, and back, and the other half is just for your arms

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC

You have no business basing most of your workout on "isolation" exercises when (1) you have no decent muscle to "isolate" and (2) i bet $100 if I met you in person you couldn't individually JUST flex your lat / tri / rear dealt / trap / etc

Not saying that to be mean - but to help. Build your base son.

Frank Dux

You have no business basing most of your workout on "isolation" exercises when (1) you have no decent muscle to "isolate" and (2) i bet $100 if I met you in person you couldn't individually JUST flex your lat / tri / rear dealt / trap / etc

Lats are the hardest imo

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Lats are the hardest imo

I don't have enough hands, clones of hands or whatever to count the amount of acquaintances/friends that have talked to me about "isolating"

and right away i say "okay - flex your right lat, and only your right lat"

they never can

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ISOLATING IT IF YOU CANT FIND IT YOU FUCK

Frank Dux

lulz. True story.

Wide grip pull-ups for a few months will change that.

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009

cant do a lot of compound stuff due to a permanent shoulder, arm, and spine injury.

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009
:rofl: Actually it was pretty funny.

He was implying that everyone deals with injuries...he's had a couple surgeries himself I believe.

my injuries are way more severe than anything you'd get from lifting. they wouldn't even perform surgery on my shoulder at the time of injury because it was so fucked up. in fact, i'm supposed to go get it all smoothed out and get all the scar tissue cleaned up, but i haven't.

RockDaBoat

Nov 11, 2007
my injuries are way more severe than anything you'd get from lifting. they wouldn't even perform surgery on my shoulder at the time of injury because it was so fucked up. in fact, i'm supposed to go get it all smoothed out and get all the scar tissue cleaned up, but i haven't.

I know you didn't miss it the first time, but I'll requote it anyway:

you poor thing

i'll organize a candlelight vigil, that's unique

cantankerously

OT Supporter
Apr 15, 2004
South Carolina

10a7b_ORIG-1leg.jpg

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009
yeah except mine is in my shoulder and arm and spine, parts of your body that are directly involved in compound exercises. :ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor