ENT Studio MAPPA’s Chainsaw Man anime. Coming 10/2022.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
By the way, if anyone has read Chainsaw Man but hasn't read Fire Punch they really should.

Same author/artist, same writing style, same humor, WAY MORE BLEAK. :rofl:

View attachment 244778

It's funny how people like Tatsuya Endo (Spy X Family) are called the "Ax Man" for being too dark and getting their shit canceled but Fujimoto is out here writing shit that would make the most depressing parts of Berserk seem tame and people just eat it up.

Guess that's because Endo keeps trying to appeal towards the Shonen (young teen) crowd and didn't succeed till his editor basically strapped him to a chair and hit him with a rolled up newspaper every time he went too dark and Fujimoto has never even bothered with anything but Seinen (adult). :rofl:
Yeah fire punch is great. Also Read Vagabond

Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Gonna be fun watching the power vs makima simps
giphy.gif

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
not just that fall is lit AF

Spy x Fam part 2
CSM
Mob
Bleach makes its return
To your Eternity S2
Gundam Witch From Mercury
Isekai Slime Movie
Jujutsu Kaisen Movie
2nd SAO Progressive Movie

and then all that SOL fluff if you are into it

yup yup

I already pre-ordered the High Grade version of Gundam Aerial from Witch From Mercury. :mamoru2:

I got to see the Demon Slayer fandom melt down earlier this week because someone had the AUDACITY to say that October of 2022 is going to kick off the best season of animation in recent memory, and when someone said "But Demon Slayer won't be there" they said "I don't care".

THE MELT WAS IMMENSE

Demon Slayer fans are almost worse about simping over the animation on that show than MHA, AoT, or Fate fans ever were, which is funny because they're literally using the animation house that Fate built. :mamoru:

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
yup yup

I already pre-ordered the High Grade version of Gundam Aerial from Witch From Mercury. :mamoru2:

I got to see the Demon Slayer fandom melt down earlier this week because someone had the AUDACITY to say that October of 2022 is going to kick off the best season of animation in recent memory, and when someone said "But Demon Slayer won't be there" they said "I don't care".

THE MELT WAS IMMENSE

Demon Slayer fans are almost worse about simping over the animation on that show than MHA, AoT, or Fate fans ever were, which is funny because they're literally using the animation house that Fate built. :mamoru:
lol While i enjoy demon Slayer the UFOtable sack riding is absurd. as a show its a pretty generic one

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
lol While i enjoy demon Slayer the UFOtable sack riding is absurd. as a show its a pretty generic one
I mean, I'm a Fate fan, so UFOtable is mah boi, but yeah the sack riding and calling it "the best animated show of all time" is stupid. Most flashy show of recent memory mos def. :rofl:

The story is okay, formulaic, but okay, the characters are fun. They just happened to luck into getting a better than decent studio animating them.

If they'd gotten like Studio NAZ as the animator instead no one would care about Demon Slayer except the most hardcore manga fans.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
sad Biscuit Hammer noises 😭
I had hopes for that one, I was a fan of the manga but when I saw who the studio was I knew it was going one of two ways: awful or ground breaking.

Turned out that they somehow picked a worse way: middling.

At least if it was awful I could laugh at it, but as it stands it's just meh, and that makes me angrier.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
@TheEvil1 I popped into the #chainsawman tag on twitter and it's hilarious seeing the difference between the manga and non-manga readers reaction to the trailer because it's an almost even split.

Manga readers 100% simp for Power, non-Manga readers are all simping for Makima :rofl:

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
@TheEvil1 I popped into the #chainsawman tag on twitter and it's hilarious seeing the difference between the manga and non-manga readers reaction to the trailer because it's an almost even split.

Manga readers 100% simp for Power, non-Manga readers are all simping for Makima :rofl:
Lol yes I'm not shocked

Team power btw

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Gotcha. I can see the CSM one being that much the power one unless I'm way off on size should not be 400.
womp womp, I had it on refresh and it just popped:

not $400 but it's $350

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds