FOOD Sunday gravy... on a FRIDAY?!

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Got the day off, so I decided to make a "gravy". Chopping up some carrot, onion, celery, and shallot. Some porchini and cremini mushrooms. Got a hefty amount of lazy garlic. Just getting my mise en place, nahmean? Soon I'm going to brown my meats. Sausages, pork chops, and these bad boys

Got a few cans of San marzano tomatoes and tomato paste. Will take progress pics as the day unfolds. Mangia or mangina or whatever!

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Add your mushrooms in and cook the liquid out. Pour a "sample" of red wine, I had Bordeaux on hand, and add a few glugs. Reduce and taste!

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Next, add in the tomato paste and cook it until.... it's cooked. Then pour in that liquid you saved from reconstituting the porchini mushrooms and let that cook down a bit before adding in the tomatoes. Just waiting for everything to come to a dinner before giving it all a good blend with the immersion blender.

Reactions: Mercedes and Simple
TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
After blending and adding in some fresh basil and a bay leaf and returning the meat to the pot, we have a successful sauce folks! It's so delicious, even though it needs to simmer for a while. Now I just let it sit on the stove until I'm ready for bed. I'll let it chill overnight and jar it up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529