FOOD Super Bowl food thread v. Jerk chicken

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
I'm doing jerk chicken for a superb owl party tomorrow. This recipe is fucking delicious and easy, and I highly recommend it.

First, take all these ingredients:

imageupload]

In a food processor, turn them into this:

I have 3 chickens dry brining right now, so tonight I'll coat them with the marinade so they can get nice overnight.

Made a double batch of this recipe:

Will post pics tomorrow of the beautiful delicious curled chicken 🐔. What are y'all doing for the BIG GAME tomorrow?

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Gonna hit up Safeway here in a bit and smoke a pork shoulder if they have one left. Otherwise I've already got some ribs. Smoking some queso as well.

That jerk chicken sounds good. Might have to try it soon.

Reactions: Jesus
TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Gonna hit up Safeway here in a bit and smoke a pork shoulder if they have one left. Otherwise I've already got some ribs. Smoking some queso as well.

That jerk chicken sounds good. Might have to try it soon.
SMOKED QUESO?! Please elaborate.

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Hell yeah. Have a tough time finding scotch bonnets but habs work
I'm glad my local produce market ALWAYS has them in stock. That's also where I get all of my mexican spices and dried chilis. One of these days I'm gonna attempt to make chili by reconstituting the dried ones. It's a whole to do tho and I'm usually pretty lazy at home.

Zach

OT Supporter
May 30, 2003
I'm glad my local produce market ALWAYS has them in stock. That's also where I get all of my mexican spices and dried chilis. One of these days I'm gonna attempt to make chili by reconstituting the dried ones. It's a whole to do tho and I'm usually pretty lazy at home.
Chili with whole dried chili's is stupid easy and 100x better

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Chili with whole dried chili's is stupid easy and 100x better
I picked up some arbol last night and I have a bunch of cayenne dried from my garden last summer. :hmm: maybe that's what I'll do with the chicken stock from the spatchcocked chix

Zach

OT Supporter
May 30, 2003
I picked up some arbol last night and I have a bunch of cayenne dried from my garden last summer. :hmm: maybe that's what I'll do with the chicken stock from the spatchcocked chix
Steep in hot water, salt and blend

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
Why not just walkerswood?

51h6-PJy8pL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
I'm doing jerk chicken for a superb owl party tomorrow. This recipe is fucking delicious and easy, and I highly recommend it.

First, take all these ingredients:

imageupload]

In a food processor, turn them into this:

I have 3 chickens dry brining right now, so tonight I'll coat them with the marinade so they can get nice overnight.

Made a double batch of this recipe:

Will post pics tomorrow of the beautiful delicious curled chicken 🐔. What are y'all doing for the BIG GAME tomorrow?
Whoa whoa whoa

What I don't see is your smoker

How do you plan to char

Right now, this looks like a chicken with jerk sauce, not too authentic fam

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026