Supernatural Crew: Finally started watching the first half of S15

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Been putting it off since it's not done yet, but figured I'd give it a try. I'm on episode 10 so far, and as I understand it S15 is resuming in October.

Eileen is pretty charming and I enjoyed what they've done with some of the characters so far. Rowena as the new King of Hell, and Garth just being super normal is amusing.

I hope we get to see more Jody and Donna in the final episodes.

@joxxer

Reactions: 8legs
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
i bailed in season 8, felt like i'd had my fill. 6 and 7 were already worse than 1 through 5.

Objectively the main story ended at season 5, and everything thereafter is just rehashes of the same stuff - but that's not why you watch supernatural. You watch because it's fun, goofy, and comforting.

Nobody ever accused it of being some kind of breakthrough storytelling, but the boys and the supporting characters are enjoyable.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Objectively the main story ended at season 5, and everything thereafter is just rehashes of the same stuff - but that's not why you watch supernatural. You watch because it's fun, goofy, and comforting.

Nobody ever accused it of being some kind of breakthrough storytelling, but the boys and the supporting characters are enjoyable.

does season 8 stand out as being worse to you?

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
does season 8 stand out as being worse to you?
Honestly can't remember. Most seasons overall that have too many main story plot episodes suck.

They're all worse than 1-5 but the characters are better and their b story interactions are better.

Main plot is dumb on everything after 5. I like the ones with more monster of the week episodes.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I don't care if it "should have" ended with season 5. I love supernatural even with all its flaws. Dean Winchester is one of the best characters in tv history:bowdown:

Yep the character interactions and little skits and stuff are what make the show fun. Main story repeats itself but whatever. It's enjoyable.

Reactions: joxxer
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
In? Are the demon bitches still hot as fuck?

Not really in the classical sense, as the show has become much more diverse.

That said, every female they've added has been done so in a way that they're actually way better than the original hot girls.

Jody Mills
Donna Hanscum
Billie
Charlie
Eileen

They are not as objectively attractive as old Ruby/Jo Harville/Bela, but they're way more fun and likeable.

Last edited:
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I remember when I looked up the actress who plays Rowena and was surprised to discover she's around my age.

She looks so much older but not in a bad way. I could get into that accent.

latest

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Also love how they seem to have so many spillovers from Buffyverse

Had Tara as a vampire, Fred as the lake woman, Cordelia/Spike as wiches, Holtz as the fried chicken man, etc.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
her character was in the comics too but that doesn't really count

also the buffy comics that continued the story were just fucking crazy, decent but things like making spike the pilot of an alien ship and having buffy and angel fuck so hard that it makes a new universe were just ridiculous plot developments

• Wow
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

Silver Member
May 22, 2000
CA
her character was in the comics too but that doesn't really count

also the buffy comics that continued the story were just fucking crazy, decent but things like making spike the pilot of an alien ship and having buffy and angel fuck so hard that it makes a new universe were just ridiculous plot developments
Lol how the big bang was created 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana