TECH Synology crew - auto extract

IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
I have files downloading into my "completed" folder. I need something that will monitor that folder and its subfolders for .rar files and autoextract them. Don't need it to do anything else. Just extract the file and leave it in the same directory. Any ideas?

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I have files downloading into my "completed" folder. I need something that will monitor that folder and its subfolders for .rar files and autoextract them. Don't need it to do anything else. Just extract the file and leave it in the same directory. Any ideas?

Sabnzbd did that iirc

Reactions: Keysersozeh

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Check the setting in whatever completely legal program you are using to legally download your media iirc

Rubi04TJ

Not much going on
Feb 15, 2005
Torrington, CT
Well you would be mistaken, it runs on my plex server and monitors the downloads folder on my synology and extracts any archives without any intervention.

TS
TS
IT2

IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
pretty sure it's a permissions issue at this point. I have the drive mapped using the synology credentials (had to enter them manually in windows explorer). When I go to add the folder in ExtractNow under monitor, the mapped drive doesn't show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman