Taking pupper to the vet

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Silly girl isn't eating, last ate a turkey neck on Sunday, was barely eating prior to that, but we had a heat wave and they always go off food in the summer, doesn't wanna move....
And her paws are cold :noes:

RcbmL6p.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220803_202655248.jpg
    PXL_20220803_202655248.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Raw turkey neck I hope?
Yeah, they get them all the time

Town has been out of them to see if she's off all food incl turkey necks...but not interested in steak or bacon or ice cream or anything

If she was just eating a treat erryday that's one thing, but for her to turn away from turkey neck, something is off...she wasn't eating normal for a week prior, but they go off food in the summer

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Yeah, they get them all the time

Town has been out of them to see if she's off all food incl turkey necks...but not interested in steak or bacon or ice cream or anything

If she was just eating a treat erryday that's one thing, but for her to turn away from turkey neck, something is off...she wasn't eating normal for a week prior, but they go off food in the summer

I figured raw but people have fed em cooked before. Best of luck to pups at the vet 🤞

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
They're busy, so brought her in for emergency drop off, they didn't like the look of her gums, so blood drawn, waiting for results
Ultrasound didn't show anything, so that parts good

• Sad
Reactions: Wolf
TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
so the early diagnosis is addisons disease, found some crystals in her kidneys

adrenal insufficiency, makes not enough hormones

jfk had it

Close to 80 percent of dogs that are found to have this disease are said to be females and are about four years old on average.

she's 4.5yrs old lol

theyre keeping her for 2 days, shes lost 6# since she was weighed ~40 days ago, she was on a diet for the last yr, her weight got too high so shes due for some weight loss....some steroids should bring her appetite back and the meds will level her off, and the bloodwork will be back by then

~$250/mth in oral meds will make her a normal dog and she'll be none the worse for wear

wait and see if the bloodwork confirms this

not what i wanted to hear, but i can live with it

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
so the early diagnosis is addisons disease, found some crystals in her kidneys

adrenal insufficiency, makes not enough hormones

jfk had it

Close to 80 percent of dogs that are found to have this disease are said to be females and are about four years old on average.

she's 4.5yrs old lol

theyre keeping her for 2 days, shes lost 6# since she was weighed ~40 days ago, she was on a diet for the last yr, her weight got too high so shes due for some weight loss....some steroids should bring her appetite back and the meds will level her off, and the bloodwork will be back by then

~$250/mth in oral meds will make her a normal dog and she'll be none the worse for wear

wait and see if the bloodwork confirms this

not what i wanted to hear, but i can live with it
Hope she's on the mend soon. RIP wallet but friends are worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds