Talk to me about stuff to do at Hilton Head. Rented a condo for June

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
We've gone to St. Augustine twice in a row so decided to change things up and go somewhere new.

Rented a condo for 8 nights in June on Airbnb. I can cancel and get 100% refund up until the end of May, so if COVID is still hot I can cancel it. But I'm hoping by then to have my vaccine and not worry as much about it.

A friend at work recommended this place called Skull Creek that has an absolutely crazy long seafood dinner menu - https://www.skullcreekboathouse.com/menu/

It'll be me, my wife, twin 10 year olds and my father (61).

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
I live in the town that is the mainland town adjacent to HHI. I can probably answer any questions you have.

ALmost all restarurants are open for in person dining at this point. Savannah is also close and 100% open

mollywhop

πŸ€™ Dick was moist as fuck πŸ€™
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I was just there a few months ago. We did a skiff tour/dolphin sightseeing thing that was really cool, where you drive your own boat with one passenger, would do that again. If you want the name I'll go find it. Did lots of kayaking and stuff as well but didn't really do much else because of coronavirus, was kind of a stay in the house vacation. Overall it was fun enough but I wouldn't go back, too touristy and expensive for what it is imho

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
I was just there a few months ago. We did a skiff tour/dolphin sightseeing thing that was really cool, where you drive your own boat with one passenger, would do that again. If you want the name I'll go find it. Did lots of kayaking and stuff as well but didn't really do much else because of coronavirus, was kind of a stay in the house vacation. Overall it was fun enough but I wouldn't go back, too touristy and expensive for what it is imho

Thats pretty much what we did in St. Augustine last June. Just stayed at a rental house, ordered take out, and hung out on the beach.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
Overall it was fun enough but I wouldn't go back, too touristy and expensive for what it is imho

I'm not one for touristy activities. Ideally we'll just hang out on the beach, or at the condo pool. Do some fishing. Go out to eat a few times. That sort of thing.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
If that’s the case there are better places to go tbh

The reason I picked this place was because Condo looks really nice and clean, was $90 a night, and it has a huge ass pool. My kids love to swim and it will wear them out and make bed time a lot easier.

I just got on AirBnB and started looking down the coast for places that met my search requirements. Most places that don't look like a run down inlaw apartment with furniture from the 1960s are $150+ a night.

Reactions: BigT

Aviv

OT Supporter
Feb 8, 2002
LBC
Been there a few times, but I’m sure it’s changed a lot since.

Golf and kayaking. Downtown Savannah is nice for a date night.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
Reactions: GonadWarrior

stradivarius

Skull Creek Boathouse is fun..
I dunno what you're all into

Go to Sea Pines and visit Harbor Town to walk around the light house... you can go to the Harbor Town golf club pro shop and load up on swag.. You otta buy a Salty Dog Cafe shirt too...

Coligny Plaza and walk around the shops..

People like One Hot Mamas https://www.onehotmamas.com/

You can do a ferry to Daufuskie Island too.. Look up Kayak tours etc.. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue