tandem/quad breaker question....mini split install

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
you know whats fun?

grabbing the electric fents (i have a 60 acre energizer) with a bare hand, and the other bare hand touching the ground

its like getting hit in the chest with a baseball bat :rofl:
it was dry and hard to get ground and it wouldn't get the horses through their fur so i went mr smart guy and ran a bare wire ground line around the whole motherfucker

one day grabbed the ground and put it back and touched hot with my sweaty forehead.

i saw stars omfg

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
it was dry and hard to get ground and it wouldn't get the horses through their fur so i went mr smart guy and ran a bare wire ground line around the whole motherfucker

one day grabbed the ground and put it back and touched hot with my sweaty forehead.

i saw stars omfg
i only have 4 acres fents, and have 4 ground rods in wet location

i have the energizer at the garage, and then ran underground feed wire to the fents, attach the aluminum/poly braid there

i touched the bare end of the underground feeder wire ONCE

shit packs a punch

Reactions: cjonesy22002

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
i only have 4 acres fents, and have 4 ground rods in wet location

i have the energizer at the garage, and then ran underground feed wire to the fents, attach the aluminum/poly braid there

i touched the bare end of the underground feeder wire ONCE

shit packs a punch
do bears/other murder animals still find ways into your fenced off area?

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
deer jump that shit like nothing had alleyways setup wide enough to turn a tractor around the deer would go across the whole shit
our south fents always gets high drifts of snow, dogs will walk on top of the drift, and they could just walk over, but they dont

nothing to pull them away from the yard in the winter, in the summer theres sandhill cranes nesting just outside the fents, but no snow drifts, so they cant get out

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
our south fents always gets high drifts of snow, dogs will walk on top of the drift, and they could just walk over, but they dont

nothing to pull them away from the yard in the winter, in the summer theres sandhill cranes nesting just outside the fents, but no snow drifts, so they cant get out
thinking about your snow problem put your upper and lower hot lines seperate pull the lower so it doesn't ground on snow

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Oh shit i forgot about moose, I’m too city slicker for this shit :rofl:
when we just had border collies, there were more animal sightings, but also we cant see the back fents from the house anymore cuz the bush has grown thicker/taller....but with pyrenees roaming and barking, very quiet animal wise, except overnite when the dogs in the house

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
also did jumpers between hot lines to carry it if it broke (horses love startin shit)
jsut have one line (stranded al/poly) over the fents, its a pulse energizer so if it touches something its fine, snow/ice buildup makes it droop and itll touch the parts of the fents that have horizontal wood between the poles

havent even had it plugged in for a year or two, after the dogs get shocked once or twice they dont test it again

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Speaking of electricity one time I was installing an Ericsson 3g cell cabinet in a hospital datacenter. The power wasn't wired to it and I had never done it before. Normally the power was always already done by the time I got there to turn it up. I was by myself and didn't really know how to do it but I knew how it was supposed to look. I called my supervisor and he said just do it. So I wired in these two half inch diameter DC cables into the cabinet. I did an OK job but ofc I didn't leave myself enough slack. I also had trouble getting every strand of copper into the connection on the cabinet. I put in an 80amp breaker into the power thingy of the data center and was nervous af when I turned it on but it worked. What are the chances I could have caused some giant short or killed someone down the road due to a strand or two of that copper not perfectly into the slot? I used to be really worried about it and hoped when the carrier came behind me to validate the job they would notice the shit power job and redo it. I never heard anything positive or negative about it :dunno:

@whatever @AndyB

Last edited:

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
jsut have one line (stranded al/poly) over the fents, its a pulse energizer so if it touches something its fine, snow/ice buildup makes it droop and itll touch the parts of the fents that have horizontal wood between the poles

havent even had it plugged in for a year or two, after the dogs get shocked once or twice they dont test it again
stranded takes wind wear bad check on the conductors so it doesn't have a dead spot

TS
TS
borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Speaking of electricity one time I was installing an Ericsson 3g cell cabinet in a hospital datacenter. The power wasn't wired to it and I had never done it before. Normally the power was always already done by the time I got there to turn it up. I was by myself and didn't really know how to do it but I knew how it was supposed to look. I called my supervisor and he said just do it. So I wired in these two half inch diameter DC cables into the cabinet. I did an OK job but ofc I didn't leave myself enough slack. I also had trouble getting every strand of copper into the connection on the cabinet. I put in an 80amp breaker into the power thingy of the data center and was nervous af when I turned it on but it worked. What are the chances I could have caused some giant short or killed someone down the road due to a strand or two of that copper not perfectly into the slot? I used to be really worried about it and hoped when the carrier came behind me to validate the job they would notice the shit power job and redo it. I never heard anything positive or negative about it :dunno:

@whatever @AndyB
those are bonus strands

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026