LOVE Tattoo Removal

cudachris

Sep 5, 2006
Flagstaff, AZ
I have a large black ink tattoo I would rather remove than cover up. What are the "viable" alternatives and can someone vouch for any of them?

I know this is backwards for this forum but i figured if anyone knew it would be in here.

notcreative

Jul 25, 2006
Albuquerque
laser removal, several sessions. should be pretty easy to find in your city, i think dermatologists even have the machines now too.

don't believe any of those pain free self applying creams or anything like that.

chizzle

May 23, 2003
NYC
Best find one with a decent rep though. A friend of mine has had several laser removal sessions for a small back piece and it's still very visible.

dumb_end_user

Sad Gus
Oct 5, 2001
Seattle
Black is a VERY good candidate for laser removal. The technology has come a long way in the past few years.

[y]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZSd0G8Va58&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZSd0G8Va58&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/y]

embed is messed up but meh.

audrey

Jan 9, 2005
Down Under
I'm fading out of my old old tattoos for easy cover up. I think it's going to cost me about $150 per session and it might take 2 sessions. I haven't had a consult yet though, that's just going by feedback from friends etc. I'm in Australia too...

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
I'm fading out of my old old tattoos for easy cover up. I think it's going to cost me about $150 per session and it might take 2 sessions. I haven't had a consult yet though, that's just going by feedback from friends etc. I'm in Australia too...

I've thought about doing that to my right arm and starting over. I feel like I wasted a big space with something that doesn't look AWESOME. I can't decide if I want to just add to what I have or not though :wtc:

michelin man

IDB Construction
Jul 22, 2001
Austin
laser removal

i've done this.

hurts like all hell.

cost around $300 per 15 minute session (back in 1999 / 2000).

all i had was the outline of what was going to be my tattoo. about 1hr was spent doing the outline and that was it (only black ink).

went for 6 sessions before moving. i could stand to see a dermatologist to make it perfect but... most people that are on my boat never even notice it.

a friend has had several removed and you would never guess he ever had any ink on those areas of his body.

audrey

Jan 9, 2005
Down Under
I've thought about doing that to my right arm and starting over. I feel like I wasted a big space with something that doesn't look AWESOME. I can't decide if I want to just add to what I have or not though :wtc:

I added to what I already had and now I have 2 tattoos stuck together. One looks awesome and the other looks old and not thought out well enough... I guess you can always try your luck.

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
I added to what I already had and now I have 2 tattoos stuck together. One looks awesome and the other looks old and not thought out well enough... I guess you can always try your luck.

I can't decide what I want to do. I need to see an artist to see what we can come up with...

How much is a session of laser removal now?

michelin man

IDB Construction
Jul 22, 2001
Austin
only black ink

size, look at your hand then fan out your fingers. it was only the outline, think of a paint by number picture with nothing filled in.

i think it comes down to how much ink needs to be removed.

UNvisible

Nov 14, 2003
texas/colorado
i've done this.

hurts like all hell.

cost around $300 per 15 minute session (back in 1999 / 2000).

all i had was the outline of what was going to be my tattoo. about 1hr was spent doing the outline and that was it (only black ink).

went for 6 sessions before moving. i could stand to see a dermatologist to make it perfect but... most people that are on my boat never even notice it.

a friend has had several removed and you would never guess he ever had any ink on those areas of his body.

i noticed :eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan