GUN Taurus Judge

Cool~Breeze

Mar 16, 2004
Lost
Been looking at these for a while now. Anyone got anything to say about them?

45/410 shotgun shells

DSC01830.jpg

Market Garden

It's enormous and heavy, and the self-defense ammo choices in those calibers are a bit limited compared with something more common.

Initial E

Sep 18, 2003
Georgia
i shot one a long ass time ago

It's fine for a night stand gun. I could never see anyone trying to CC it though.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
Why is that? Just out of curiosity.

enoumous and heavy aside, .410 shotgun shells are worthless for defense from such a small barrel, there just isn't enough barrel there to burn anything and give your load enough velocity. If all you're left with is the .45 lc rounds...then its just time to pick a new gun.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Neat idea, but it just doesn't seem like it would be very nice to shoot. The one I handled at SHOT seemed pretty unbalanced.

Jas0n

Антихрист
Oct 8, 2005
not .45 you mean .44
.45 long colt. Cowboy round.

I kinda like them. And from several yards away, the spread with a .410 shell is about perfect... five projectiles cut a clean line across the paper torso, it's brilliant. Potentially, I'd say, great for self-defense. Remember what kind of range we're talking about, vast majority of self-defense shootings occur over a distance of what, less than ten feet?

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
.45 long colt. Cowboy round.

I kinda like them. And from several yards away, the spread with a .410 shell is about perfect... five projectiles cut a clean line across the paper torso, it's brilliant. Potentially, I'd say, great for self-defense. Remember what kind of range we're talking about, vast majority of self-defense shootings occur over a distance of what, less than ten feet?

Remember that the flaws of the round we're talking about aren't shot pattern, but penetration.

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
They are all the hot new rage around here, but I never could see any fun/usefulness in them.

The one I shot wasn't even fun to shoot IMO, and a 410 wouldn't inspire much confidence in me.

Market Garden

They are all the hot new rage around here, but I never could see any fun/usefulness in them.

The one I shot wasn't even fun to shoot IMO, and a 410 wouldn't inspire much confidence in me.
A .410 shooting slugs is almost as powerful as a .44mag. :rofl:

DIAFatty

picked one up sunday, havent shot it yet but i fucking love it, feels sexy, it is big and heavy, bigger and heavier than it looks in pictures even next to my bersa it doesnt look to big but it really is, if you have kitten hands your not going to take to it well, i on the other hand have big lion hands so im cool. i got hornady 45 COLT 225 GR FTX LEVERevolution ammo its basically a really big hollow point
92792.jpg
here is a picture of the actual gun
judgebersa.jpg

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
I've owned one for about a year. It's not bad at all to shoot, although mine is chambered for 2 3/4. I think that all of them are chambered for the 3" shells now, but I can't see that making much difference in felt recoil.

kf4zht

Oct 7, 2005
Jasper, GA
I want one, perfect truck gun.

Load 3 with .45LC (already have the dies) and 3 with birdshot. Ready for robbers or snakes.

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
picked one up sunday, havent shot it yet but i fucking love it, feels sexy, it is big and heavy, bigger and heavier than it looks in pictures even next to my bersa it doesnt look to big but it really is, if you have kitten hands your not going to take to it well, i on the other hand have big lion hands so im cool. i got hornady 45 COLT 225 GR FTX LEVERevolution ammo its basically a really big hollow point
92792.jpg
here is a picture of the actual gun
judgebersa.jpg

I've got a box of these .45 Colt rounds. They seem to be plenty accurate and would be great for hunting.

4bangin

Ballet of Violence
Mar 16, 2000
I have one. It was fun to mess around with at first. Once the novelty wore off, it doesnt get much use. I keep it in the car.

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
From what I remember, it was meant to be an in-car protection gun, which is why the rifled barrel spreading out the shot quickly makes sense. I've always been kinda fascinated by the gun but never shot one.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan