FOOD Tell me about your coffee game...

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>ABQ>SEA>CLT
So earlier this year, partially because of the pandemic (and not wanting to go out as much) and partially because we'd realized we were spending obnoxious money on buying coffee out ($9-10 a visit, 2-4 visits a week - $80-160 a month on coffee), we stepped our game up and bought an espresso machine.

I like hot coffee (and indulge in the occasional dirty chai tea latte or cappuccino) and the wife likes an iced latte, so we now have a coffee station in the the house and here's what it includes below... Post up if you do coffee at home and what you have

Chemex 6 cup coffee pot
chemex-6-cup-coffeemaker-with-wood-collar.jpg

iKettle Wifi enabled smart kettle (allows me to boil water before I'm even downstairs)
SS_001_ea27271f-c29a-4ef1-bcfc-0c6b1edb3dd9_1024x1024.png

2x Airscape coffee bean storage (5 lbs total, since we buy beans in bulk)
71e9l1FVq8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Conical burr grinder (so we can do coarse for friend's who like french press, medium for pour-over coffee, and finer for espresso)
71c3N7cs6cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Breville BES810BSS Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine - this thing rocks

81iyZv5W83L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Obviously some fun mugs/tumblers, some stainless steel stirrers, etc

The beans we buy are typically from Mercury's Coffee in Seattle - Very small chain on the east side of lake washington. We love their beans, they all sell 5lb bags they'll ship anywhere in the US - So now that we're in NC we can still get coffee we've loved for years.

9799_1000x.png

Additionally I have some rare stuff...

This stuff from Starbucks Reserve - Hawaii K'au - was $38 for a 12oz bag (wtf), but it's delicious, I bought 2 bags and have half a bag left.
CoffeeDetail_CoffeeCard_HawaiiKau_1100x1100.jpg

Reactions: rm and pock

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I have a saeco super automatic, moccamaster, barratza grinder w/ ceramic burrs and some other stuff. I completely stopped drinking caffiine a few years ago and everything is just sitting in a box collecting dust now

Got the coffee from here: ESPRESSO COFFEE

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
Chemex or v60, Encore grinder, Hario goose neck kettle, some basic bitch kitchen scale, and whatever good beans I can find locally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perfect Speed

FDT

dynamic island
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
is that the breville with the double boiler? I'm not up to date on their shit. I have a BES870XL and only use it 1-2 times a week when I want straight shots

I aint about to sit there and try to make a latte on that shit nahmean. takes forever to recover between operations :o

FDT

dynamic island
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
I need to ditch my breville and either get a cheap but solid machine like a gaggia classic, or spend $2-3k and get something like a rocket r58 tbh

Reactions: xconverge

FDT

dynamic island
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
i buy coffee from your local baristas on an almost daily basis

it's costly, but:
1. local businesses need support
2. convenience, there are coffee kiosks all around my town on just about every corner
3. starbucks can suck a dick
4. i wfh so it's my morning ritual to get out of the house
:werd: I've gone to 1 of 3 different local joints almost daily for the past 2-3 years

Mr Chan

White not Rob
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
ATL
It's pretty weak but I got this. I only ever take it down when we have guests that "Can't live without COFFEE"

I had these for about 2 years and they've probably only been used a dozen times.

1606300982920.png

1606301174553.png

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
i buy coffee from our local baristas on an almost daily basis

it's costly, but:
1. local businesses need support
2. convenience, there are coffee kiosks all around my town on just about every corner
3. starbucks can suck a dick
4. i wfh so it's my morning ritual to get out of the house

this exact thing

new little local spot opened up approx a 15 minute walk away

they do dank, interesting pour-overs for like 3.50, they roast their own beans

really just an excuse to go for a walk to break up the work day

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
So earlier this year, partially because of the pandemic (and not wanting to go out as much) and partially because we'd realized we were spending obnoxious money on buying coffee out ($9-10 a visit, 2-4 visits a week - $80-160 a month on coffee), we stepped our game up and bought an espresso machine.

I like hot coffee (and indulge in the occasional dirty chai tea latte or cappuccino) and the wife likes an iced latte, so we now have a coffee station in the the house and here's what it includes below... Post up if you do coffee at home and what you have

Chemex 6 cup coffee pot
chemex-6-cup-coffeemaker-with-wood-collar.jpg

iKettle Wifi enabled smart kettle (allows me to boil water before I'm even downstairs)
SS_001_ea27271f-c29a-4ef1-bcfc-0c6b1edb3dd9_1024x1024.png

2x Airscape coffee bean storage (5 lbs total, since we buy beans in bulk)
71e9l1FVq8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Conical burr grinder (so we can do coarse for friend's who like french press, medium for pour-over coffee, and finer for espresso)
71c3N7cs6cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Breville BES810BSS Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine - this thing rocks

81iyZv5W83L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Obviously some fun mugs/tumblers, some stainless steel stirrers, etc

The beans we buy are typically from Mercury's Coffee in Seattle - Very small chain on the east side of lake washington. We love their beans, they all sell 5lb bags they'll ship anywhere in the US - So now that we're in NC we can still get coffee we've loved for years.

9799_1000x.png

Additionally I have some rare stuff...

This stuff from Starbucks Reserve - Hawaii K'au - was $38 for a 12oz bag (wtf), but it's delicious, I bought 2 bags and have half a bag left.
CoffeeDetail_CoffeeCard_HawaiiKau_1100x1100.jpg
Lol bruh wtf is all that?

all the coffee game you need is in a big beautiful bottle of Stōk Cold Brew (black).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman