Tell me more..

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I work in the wine industry, so booze of sorts is most definitely going to be included.

Tell me your favorite type or brand of:
Beer
Wine
Hard

Super Dolemite

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2002
I’m not a big drinker like I used to be but I can enjoy good drinks...
I like craft beers
I’m not too sure about wine I’ve had some good malbecs but I’m willing to try whatever you recommend :o
Whiskey
Merry Christmas Santa :)

Reactions: Colleen
TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I’m not a big drinker like I used to be but I can enjoy good drinks...
I like craft beers
I’m not too sure about wine I’ve had some good malbecs but I’m willing to try whatever you recommend :o
Whiskey
Merry Christmas Santa :)
Pinot noir is always a great start when you're not sure what you like. Its a nice light red..

Reactions: Super Dolemite

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
I work in the wine industry, so booze of sorts is most definitely going to be included.

Beer
Wine
Hard
Killians or similar, nothing dark, hoppy, or bitter
MEAD. sweet mead, 100% honey
Hard ciders? Bold rock maybe. Hard liquor probably spiced rum. Love some barenjager too but don’t have it too often.

even if you’re not my Santa, what meads do you have access too? Usually stuck with Chaucer’s around here which isnt terrible, or Camelot which is terrible, but they’ve started carrying these ceramic bottles at total wine and Kroger. The Dansk Mjod is my favorite so far.
DEE754B7-55BD-45F5-892A-29F742C3DC9D.jpeg
The other ones aren’t 100% honey so I don’t mess with those much.

Last edited:

CUCUY

LOVE TO LICK
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2006
HOUSTON, TX.
Beer- Guinness, Yuengling, Abyss by Deschutes.

Wine- red

Hard- Pappy Van Winkle, BTAC products, Dewars double double 32.

TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Killians or similar, nothing dark, hoppy, or bitter
MEAD. sweet mead, 100% honey
Hard ciders? Bold rock maybe. Hard liquor probably spiced rum. Love some barenjager too but don’t have it too often.

even if you’re not my Santa, what meads do you have access too? Usually stuck with Chaucer’s around here which isnt terrible, or Camelot which is terrible, but they’ve started carrying these ceramic bottles at total wine and Kroger. The Dansk Mjod is my favorite so far.
View attachment 86498
The other ones aren’t 100% honey so I don’t mess with those much.
We actually have a honey wine locally here

I keep meaning to try them, but just havnt had time to stop in. We also have another local winery that does fruit wines
I'm not a huge fan of most of their wines cause they're so sweet but damn their cranberry wine/sparkling is amazing. Have it with turkey dinner noms

Reactions: KingGargantuan

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Beer--german wheat/wheats
Wine--red or as it was described to me--french dirt--i was drunk and it tasted like french dirt so all i can assume it was french.
Liquor--like vodka(grey goose/s.d. strong which is a local vodka here in kc/kirkland french brand), tequila(18-30 dollar bottle stuff is good, use it for frozen strawberry margaritas), and rum(Captain Morgan), for shots i like rumpleminiz.

TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Beer--german wheat/wheats
Wine--red or as it was described to me--french dirt--i was drunk and it tasted like french dirt so all i can assume it was french.
Liquor--like vodka(grey goose/s.d. strong which is a local vodka here in kc/kirkland french brand), tequila(18-30 dollar bottle stuff is good, use it for frozen strawberry margaritas), and rum(Captain Morgan), for shots i like rumpleminiz.
Ok Elf, but I can't get Kirkland booze up here.. Canadaland is behind in times

Reactions: Zimmy76

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Ok Elf, but I can't get Kirkland booze up here.. Canadaland is behind in times
Good to know, well grey goose is pricy so hell even a 15-25 dollar bottle of vodka is fine.

But with your knowledge do you know of any wines that remind/taste like french dirt? Im super curious as it was several years ago and i was drunk but wish i remembered what kind of wine it was.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Which Pappy? I have access to most of them. Used to buy as a collector but have since sold or gifted most of my collection.
Any to be fair. I have ORVW 10 but don't mind another. I'm assuming the price is secondary though, right? I don't mind paying over retail but $500+ for a bottle is a bit steep for me.

pookrat

Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Any to be fair. I have ORVW 10 but don't mind another. I'm assuming the price is secondary though, right? I don't mind paying over retail but $500+ for a bottle is a bit steep for me.

Everything I bought was Pappy. Not ORVW or Reserve. But I think I only have like a few bottles unopened. Most were gifted or drank. Let me see if my contact still has access.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Everything I bought was Pappy. Not ORVW or Reserve. But I think I only have like a few bottles unopened. Most were gifted or drank. Let me see if my contact still has access.
That would be very nice of you! I'd be willing to pay a little extra to you for the "contacts and work". I'm just not spending $500+ on a bottle. I got lucky and nabbed an ORVW for $53 in a waffle.

pookrat

Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
That would be very nice of you! I'd be willing to pay a little extra to you for the "contacts and work". I'm just not spending $500+ on a bottle. I got lucky and nabbed an ORVW for $53 in a waffle.
$500 a bottle is more than fair for some of the Pappy's. Should be much less for a VWFR 12 or a PVW 15, maybe even a 20. Let me see what I can get my hands on. Already had a few other OTers ask via PM. I will check and update in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman