GUN TEOTWAWKI?

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
Good for small game hunting and the like. If you're up against zombies or other two legged predators, I'd at least want a 9mm.

I'll take 22 for zombies and humans. Nobody is going to keep coming at you if you shoot them with a 22. Should be enough to penetrate a zombies skull too. Worth it to be able to carry ten times as much ammo vs 223.

jeepilot

Banned
Aug 12, 2005
KCMO
lol @ .22 lr only for any sort of TEOTWAWKI scenario. Did you see what happened to New Orleans when only a hurricane hit and the government still existed enough to help out, albeit a few days late to the party. Imagine absolute chaos and anarchy. A .22 lr is just going to piss off the people with real guns that know how to use them and want to take by force whatever you think you're going to defend from them with your awesome .22 LR.

Now I'm not discredditing your choices really. As far as .22 LR guns go, those two are pretty much on top. I also think that one should have a .22LR in a tue TEOTWAWKI scenario for small game hunting and marksmanship training for the younger generations. To think that it would be the only guns/caliber needed in that sort of scenario is laughable at best and I applaud your decision if you think so... only so I can overcome you with superior firepower and take whatever I want.

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
lol @ .22 lr only for any sort of TEOTWAWKI scenario. Did you see what happened to New Orleans when only a hurricane hit and the government still existed enough to help out, albeit a few days late to the party. Imagine absolute chaos and anarchy. A .22 lr is just going to piss of the people with real guns that know how to use them.

Why dont I shoot you with a 22 and see if I piss you off enough to keep coming at me while I continue to shoot you.

TS
TS
AF Rugby

AF Rugby

Gun in my mouth, I pray for the sunshine
Mar 15, 2000
New Haven,CT
Now I'm not discredditing your choices really. As far as .22 LR guns go, those two are pretty much on top. I also think that one should have a .22LR in a tue TEOTWAWKI scenario for small game hunting and marksmanship training for the younger generations. To think that it would be the only guns/caliber needed in that sort of scenario is laughable at best and I applaud your decision if you think so... only so I can overcome you with superior firepower and take whatever I want.

obvious troll is obvious.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
Why dont I shoot you with a 22 and see if I piss you off enough to keep coming at me while I continue to shoot you.

Okay... I'll stay about 200 yds away on a windy day. My choice will be anything .223 or larger. I figure I'll own all your shit by breakfast.

He's not trolling you... he's simply explaining that .22 is not sufficient for everything you might need. Small game, hell even medium game with proper shot placement, and some training will be the perfect uses for a .22, especially with a suppressor. But you get into an actual firefight with someone intent on taking your shit? They're going to appreciate the extra ammo you saved up for them.

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
Okay... I'll stay about 200 yds away on a windy day. My choice will be anything .223 or larger. I figure I'll own all your shit by breakfast.

He's not trolling you... he's simply explaining that .22 is not sufficient for everything you might need. Small game, hell even medium game with proper shot placement, and some training will be the perfect uses for a .22, especially with a suppressor. But you get into an actual firefight with someone intent on taking your shit? They're going to appreciate the extra ammo you saved up for them.

I'm fine with those odds.

AVengeance

Aug 17, 2004
In my bunker Position:Hunkering
That assumes a 1-on-1 "fair fight". People will be drawn into groups in a lawless scenario (or be killed for spoils if they have nothing to offer the group). If you were really forced to defend your property, chances are you'd be defending it against a group, or a surprise attack.

Personally, if I was one of those bad guys, and you capped a few of my buddies and I didn't get your loot, I'd probably come back in a few days and burn you out for revenge.

jshively

Sep 18, 2003
Indiana

SHTF it is about avoiding everyone and surviving while being very light.

If I had to move out of my house and travel on foot I would take my 45 or 9 and 10/22. The 10/22 I can easily hunt with (of course I would try trapping, forraging, or fishing first since they are quieter) and the handgun I can defend myself. The ar is just unnecessary weight at that point and no way I am trying to pick someone off from a distance.

Last edited:

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
Let me get one thing straight, if I ditch my house in my truck I'm bringing every single gun and cartridge I have.

If I'm on foot then its 22 all the way.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
..... no way I am trying to pick someone off from a distance.

my point is that they can sit outside the range of your weapons and pick YOU off.

Unless you are going someplace where there aren't any other people (like the mountains of Colorado with every other "survivalist" that doesn't know what the fuck they are doing).

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
my BOB includes my savage 17hmr with 600 rounds of ammo. That thing will do plenty of damage and I can carry a shit ton of ammo. I also have my AR with 450 rounds and 600 rounds of 9mm ready to go

i dont think I would feel comfortable depending on the stopping power of a 22

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448