Test drove a Rivian R1T today

TS
TS
VipZ28

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
My brother still has an old reservation with the old pricing, but he can't afford the truck right now. I told him I'd take it today, since they keep calling him and tell him to confirm for delivery, but he's planning on selling the reservation
That is the old.pricing, MAX PAAAAACK is 10k for an extra 100 miles of range or so

TS
TS
VipZ28

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
Like you always have :mamoru:

but realistically, the whole thing simply looks fucking disgusting. Interior and exterior.
Sorry it's not an early 2000s gm.product bub.

I like it, it's different but not cybertruck stupid different. If I wanted the same old shit I'd get an f150 lightning

Reactions: CraneCamsOU

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Sorry it's not an early 2000s gm.product bub.

I like it, it's different but not cybertruck stupid different. If I wanted the same old shit I'd get an f150 lightning
Lol There’s a difference between the “same old shit” and something different.

this is like saying you want a kid with downs because it’s different

• Dislike
Reactions: PassionFruit

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I guess it comes down to how often you're towing heavy and how far you're towing

For most truck users the rivian is better
This whole thing has me questioning my GMC Sierra purchase :(

However the Rivian is 12-14k more than what I am looking at - 1500 Denali Duramax

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
I love how electric vehicle owners always talk about how fast they are but they drive like slow sons of bitches or don't even know how to drive which is why they think self driving is so cool.
Speeding is illegal and drag strips are shutting down.

We deserve this hellscape.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Fair point.

I have 50a 220 in garage already :o
Hell yeah

Add in the additional costs for DEF and diesel and oil and filter changes vs electricity

Also consider how much faster and fun to drive the rivian with 800ish HP is compared to the 1500 diesel

But the rivian has a smaller bed and is overall smaller than the Sierra. And if you tow long distances regularly the Sierra would still be my choice until infrastructure catches up and they make more pull through spots. Rivian charges slower than I'd like on the road for such a large battery

Reactions: Hisma

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
I love how electric vehicle owners always talk about how fast they are but they drive like slow sons of bitches or don't even know how to drive which is why they think self driving is so cool.
This is me. I drove like a maniac the first couple of days but now I’m always trying to optimize my kwh/mile.

Reactions: I<3URANUS and GH0ST

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
This is me. I drove like a maniac the first couple of days but now I’m always trying to optimize my kwh/mile.

Yeah, makes sense and really I think having good acceleration is great. IMO all vehicles should have a zero to 60 of 6 seconds or less :o

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Hell yeah

Add in the additional costs for DEF and diesel and oil and filter changes vs electricity

Also consider how much faster and fun to drive the rivian with 800ish HP is compared to the 1500 diesel

But the rivian has a smaller bed and is overall smaller than the Sierra. And if you tow long distances regularly the Sierra would still be my choice until infrastructure catches up and they make more pull through spots. Rivian charges slower than I'd like on the road for such a large battery

Not very worried about DEF as I won't be towing much, and from what I understand (a buddy has one) his def usage is not much unless his boat is behind his. Fantastic engine though, wonder what the fixed to designate a new engine code.. (LM2 vs LZ0)

I am not buying a truck to go fast - the diesel is plenty quick for me.

I really want the 6.5 bed, but those in a Denali with diesel are hens teeth and will likely end up with the 5.5 or whatever it is. We will be using it for road tripping, a bit and also truck stuff. I work from home quite a bit, so if it had more than 30k on it after 3 years I'd be surprised.

I might tow occasionally - but its not my priority for a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle