Texans are the strongest Americans

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
Screenshot_20210120-184438.png

The study focused on 5 years of data on 3 main powerlifting categories – the squat (a strength exercise in which the trainee lowers their hips from a standing position and then stands back up); the bench press (an upper-body weight training exercise in which the trainee presses a weight upwards while lying on a weight training bench); and a deadlift (in which a weight is lifted off the ground to the level of the hips, before being placed back on the ground).

Texas' results:

• Average squat: 687 lbs
  • Average bench press: 438 lbs
  • Average deadlift: 742 lbs.
Virginia came in second, followed by New York, California and North Carolina.

North Dakota came in last.

Get your shit together weak ass North Dakotians

• Haha
Reactions: Faithless and Wolf

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i mean this is just testing body builders right? how do body builders represent the average citizen enough to make a claim like this?

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
i mean this is just testing body builders right? how do body builders represent the average citizen enough to make a claim like this?
Texas = High School Football = Living in the weight room. Surely SOME of that sticks around for a few years after we either hit the oil fields or drop out of college and hit the meth, hard....

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Texas = High School Football = Living in the weight room. Surely SOME of that sticks around for a few years after we drop out of college and hit the meth, hard....
I left that to join the military. I knew I was out-worked in the weight room by a few dudes, one of them went on to play in the NFL. I never stood a chance at regional powerlifting meets... lol

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I left that to join the military. I knew I was out-worked in the weight room by a few dudes, one of them went on to play in the NFL. I never stood a chance at regional powerlifting meets... lol
I didn't play football because it was hot outside, so I played hockey :o

• Haha
Reactions: hurleywurley

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor