texting too much?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Athlete218, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

how much texting is too much when you first meet someone?

should one not do it very much or is texting throughout the day acceptable?

2. Viper

Viper BOOM! Shut him right down. OT Supporter

I texted a girl like every other day, had her flake out on me twice, and only talked with her on the phone like once over the course of three weeks and she still ended up meeting up with me.

There really is no rule here. Every girl is different and you have to feel out the vibe for yourself to see what works for you.

3. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

yeah, she texts me too, but i dont wana seem overbearing. not like i text her a bunch, but maybe we text back & forth 15-20 times a day.

4. Viper

Viper BOOM! Shut him right down. OT Supporter

Dude, that's a lot of texting. :hsugh:

But so long as she's RESPONDING and intiating once in a while, you're fine. :dunno:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What are you texting about?

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Why wouldn't you just pick up the phone and call at that point?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Wait a sec....why do you care if this is the girl you fucked the first night and don't want to consider seriously dating her?

8. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

new girl

i went from 600-800 texts too/from in a month from daily everyday use to 2700 too/from after is started dating this new girl.

50 buck charge on my account. had to sign up for unlimited for an extra 5 bucks to get the 50 dollar charge off my account.

i actually called and bitched about it before i checked online the amount of texts i had to certain numbers....

1 number for 75% of that.

it didn't last...she was not worth it for other reasons....

9. Kortiz-DZ

fill us in on some of these conversations....it's for research.

10. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Don't you have a life?:eek3:

11. Kortiz-DZ

Sure I do...

To be honest, I had no clue I was texting that much. I don't consider 600-800 all that much, but I signed up for 1500 texts and was sure that I wasn't even close to exceeding that.

I have 400 minutes anytime talking and I spend maybe 200 of that a month. I've got a shit-ton of roll over minutes.

I use my phone very little for work - and most of my phone calls occur after 9pm and on the weekends.

12. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

20 texts a day is not too much lol.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

:ugh: that's unbelievably depressing to read

14. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Holy fuck my life :rofl:

I wish I had a camera to take a picture of my text logs on my phone/counter :o.

Girl im seeing at work, works int he same building, and although we have company communicator (chat program), its monitored so we text back and forth all day. Continues on through the night as well. But this also isnt a 'new' contact, this is someone i have been going out w/ 'regularly' recently I guess.

In general, I DONT use my phone. I have 1000 when ever minutes and I use about ~100 a month

I posted this somewhere yesterday, but I deleted ALL my text messages on Christmas day. Yesterday I check and my TOTAL in/out texts were at 9,988

15. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Thats nothing if she likes you. Girls love to txt.

16. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

its 11 and I've been texting sense like 9 and already have like 50 texts. I text while at work because I can't sit there and chat on the phone. Plus when your busy its easier to just text when you have a minute than to sit there on the phone putting people on hold all the time.

17. just_another_on

:werd:

im at like 100 with her already today :o

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

When my gf and I started dated? Within a month it was probably 100+ per day on each side.

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I love it tho, it's WAY better than having to talk on the phone, which has the following problems:

1. You eventually run out of things to talk about (and then the woman will wonder "what's wrong?" and get all weird when you no longer have those 3 hour convos that you used to)

2. You have to set aside specific time to talk and cannot talk outside of that time

3. You can't do anything else while talking on the phone

20. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

haha this reminds me of the last girl I talked to. Initially I had 100 text limit per month. Started talking to her and with in a two week period I upgraded to 250. Next day up to 500. Couple of days later to 1000. Week later 1500 and then onto unlimited so I wouldn't go over.

Then things went to shit and I went from unlimited --> 1500 --> 1000 --> 500 and now I'm back to 100 :rofl: :hs:

Anyway I think you're overdoing it when you guys actually get together and have nothing to talk about because it got dispersed over text.

21. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

I was an ANTI-texter for the longest time. It was actually a big big issue in my last relationship for me. But what I've come to realize it that it really has to do with the context, and the person with whom you text with.

I agree that if you have a decent phone conversation and person to person interaction, or video-chat :)hsugh:), texting isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you ONLY chat to communicate, and its preferred over actual talking most of the time, then yeah, kinda sketch.

NOW, I'm a texting maniac...but my kid is part to blame for that phenomenon. She only JUST got a cell phone like a month ago so, we communicate a lot that way. I only just got an iPhone around the same time and thus my ability to text photos and vids became something new and novel for me cus it wasn't part of my prev plan....I enjoy sharing photos that represent whats going on it my life when I can't share it in person (as in LDR).

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:ugh: what the fuck are you texting about?

23. just_another_on

:rofl:

Today was a lot of back and forth about a situation going on here in the building. Last thing either of us need is having exec's/higher ups seeing our opinion about some of the people in this building ya know? lol.

And its more like an IM conversation than it is a text

24. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

I easily send 600 (so total would be roughly 1200 because of responses) to him a day.

25. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

So accidentally leave your phone sitting somewhere and have someone see a log of your texts. You're fucked.

This is exactly why I prefer voice conversations. How is it that people think calling someone on the phone automatically means a big long ordeal of a conversation?

I'm king of the 1-2 minute phone call: "Hey, want to hear a good one? So this blonde meets up with these 5 black guys.... :mamoru: .... thought you'd get a kick out of that. Talk to you later!"

There's no written record anywhere of what was said that way, and it's not THAT hard to find a place where you can be not overheard if need be.