Thanks to Covid, I'm living upstairs for the next five days

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
I was shooting a very small wedding on Thursday, with only five other people besides myself. I wore a mask almost the entire time, only taking it off to munch on some of the food the couple had set out. Yesterday, the groom emails me that the officiant just tested positve for Covid. I never was physically close to the officiate but there was a moment when both of us had our masks off and we were within 5' of each other.

Since my wife is in a very high risk catagory, I'm living in our upstairs while she occupies the ground floor, until I can get tested on Tuesday. It's not too bad as my office is upstairs along with a guest bedroom and our pool/playroom. Could be worse I suppose.

So I've been spending time watching Netflix, Youtube and otherwise just hanging out by myself.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Hope you make it out without an infection. WTF officiant? You'd think they'd quarantine for at least 7 days before participating in a small wedding. :mad:

Have you thought about moving to the boat?

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Keep the windows open, put a beefy mask on the pozzed up person, and if you want to be extra cautious have everyone else wear a mask too.

Yeah I guess that's about the best we could do. I read about a family locally with like 10 people in a little house. Everybody got it except one son who wore a mask 24/7 inside.

TS
TS
Jcolman

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Hope you make it out without an infection. WTF officiant? You'd think they'd quarantine for at least 7 days before participating in a small wedding. :mad:

Have you thought about moving to the boat?
The officiant ( a young women who's in divinity school) was tested on Monday and she was negative. Apparently she was tested again late Wednesday and just got the results late Thursday, after the wedding.

I no longer have the boat (thanks Hurricane Florence! ) but we also own a condo at the beach so if my test comes back positive, one of us will spend the next two weeks there.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman