CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
How are y'all holding up? Trying to get this thread going so we can share advice and what not.

My boy is almost a month old, we've recently experienced a growth spurt where he was feeding constantly for 10 hours. Also been having a lot of cluster feeding this week and my wife is having a hard time. Sometimes i feel like telling her to get her shit together, obviously not the way to go though. She's been very moody and its starting to annoy me and make me want to lash out at her. Im trying my hardest to keep my cool :hs: :hug:

Edit - moms are welcome too

Judgement free zone, no fucking trolling.

Last edited:

Docter Pepper

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2006
NW
We're about to hit 1 year. My wife is an amazing mom. She's put way more into parenting than I have. The last thing I would consider doing is telling her to get her shit together. Keep in mind, your wife just finished 9 months of pregnancy plus a birth. Cut her some slack

Math-E

Oct 11, 2002
Lakeview
How are y'all holding up? Trying to get this thread going so we can share advice and what not.

My boy is almost a month old, we've recently experienced a growth spurt where he was feeding constantly for 10 hours. Also been having a lot of cluster feeding this week and my wife is having a hard time. Sometimes i feel like telling her to get her shit together, obviously not the way to go though. She's been very moody and its starting to annoy me and make me want to lash out at her. Im trying my hardest to keep my cool :hs: :hug:
That's natural for females to piss off male mates in order to drive them away so that the males can mate with another female and keep the species going. You need to explain to her that you're doing her a huge favor by sticking around

Netbastard

OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2005
Masshole

Take deep breaths and let the wife do her thing. She's going through some psychological issues right now. Hang in there, it'll get better. Also, on the bright side, time flies and you have a shitload of milestones to look forward too.

Reactions: 2397 and jaunt

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
On our second kid. Feeding him formula only and removing all the pain/frustration/guilt/ from trying to have him breast feed was the best decision we made

Reactions: Inforpics
TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
We're about to hit 1 year. My wife is an amazing mom. She's put way more into parenting than I have. The last thing I would consider doing is telling her to get her shit together. Keep in mind, your wife just finished 9 months of pregnancy plus a birth. Cut her some slack

Yeah i know man... Im sleep deprived and overworked at the moment so i know thats affecting my mood.

mos def do not lash out at your wife one month after giving birth

Trying my hardest... I think this is helping already.

It’s stressful in the beginning. Gets easier. Just don’t kill each other.

We keep telling ourselves it will get easier but you can only repeat it for so long.

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
1.5yr old daughter and 2 month old son here. Patience with each other and the kids is #1

Also, the wife and I are big fans of of prioritizing breast pumping over breast feeding. Having a supply in the fridge (and supplement with formula if necessary) is soooo much more convenient for either one of us to grab and feed the kid. Keep the pumping schedule regular + taking turns feeding from a bottle = way less stress

Reactions: TenSteel and jaunt

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
#dadlife

@.chris

yesterday in the pool..

mp7CLRZh.jpg

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
On our second kid. Feeding him formula only and removing all the pain/frustration/guilt/ from trying to have him breast feed was the best decision we made

Yeah i get that but we are dead set on breast milk only. She pumps as well but we haven't given him the bottle yet. We have a nice stash of frozen milk though.

1.5yr old daughter and 2 month old son here. Patience with each other and the kids is #1

Also, the wife and I are big fans of of prioritizing breast pumping over breast feeding. Having a supply in the fridge (and supplement with formula if necessary) is soooo much more convenient for either one of us to grab and feed the kid. Keep the pumping schedule regular + taking turns feeding from a bottle = way less stress

How long did you go before giving the bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448