CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Do you guys remember foam parties?

ETA: I failed by putting her in a white shirt. :rofl::o

TdqA9Fa.jpg

Last edited:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Had a sad "she gonna be gone in no time" moment tonight watching my daughter (12) on stage at her 1st middle school band concert

What instrument does she play? How exciting!

Kiddo just calculated the number of years left (12) before she moves out and "doesn't need" us anymore. :wtc:

• Support
Reactions: Sp33dealer

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Yay, fresh baby! He is adorable! Congratulations and enjoy! :love:

And today's unsolicited advice, never ever refer to your exhausted wife's need for a shower after 2 or 3 days of going without as "self care".

Reactions: NotoriousFavi

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Had a sad "she gonna be gone in no time" moment tonight watching my daughter (12) on stage at her 1st middle school band concert

We have em to raise em, but that doesn't make it any easier.

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
My 3 year old:

"I'm ready for dinner!"

"I know, but you gotta wait. It's not ready yet."

"But I'M ready!"

• Haha
Reactions: Jinx

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Aww, my little guy is now old enough to enjoy being tucked in in the morning while he sleeps in. He is still excited with energy when we put him to bed at night but loves the bedtime routine. In the morning, though, when I check on him and he's still sleepy he smiles while I tuck him in for his extra snooze.

He stayed with his grandma the night before last and she put a bomb in him. She loaded him up with food and juice that made a serious shitsplosion. And she was complaining about how he shat twice while at her house. C'mon, lady :rolleyes:. Anyway, she gave him a bath because of his mess and later when we were back home he got bathed again after that raisins and oatmeal ass disaster. I've had to have a lot of talks with her about the logic that goes into some of this, but she seems kinda clueless tbh. I mean... She was the one telling me to dilute juice before he was even off formula, but apparently she was giving it to him undiluted (which is new to him) and wondering why he shat so much. I don't get wtf is going on with her, but I don't like it.

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Oatmeal ass disaster is a string of words i never thought I'd read :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Aww, my little guy is now old enough to enjoy being tucked in in the morning while he sleeps in. He is still excited with energy when we put him to bed at night but loves the bedtime routine. In the morning, though, when I check on him and he's still sleepy he smiles while I tuck him in for his extra snooze.

He stayed with his grandma the night before last and she put a bomb in him. She loaded him up with food and juice that made a serious shitsplosion. And she was complaining about how he shat twice while at her house. C'mon, lady :rolleyes:. Anyway, she gave him a bath because of his mess and later when we were back home he got bathed again after that raisins and oatmeal ass disaster. I've had to have a lot of talks with her about the logic that goes into some of this, but she seems kinda clueless tbh. I mean... She was the one telling me to dilute juice before he was even off formula, but apparently she was giving it to him undiluted (which is new to him) and wondering why he shat so much. I don't get wtf is going on with her, but I don't like it.
Meanwhile, my mother in law won’t take our 15 month old overnight

Last night she insisted we come to dinner with her friends and ended up making food that he couldn’t eat

• Support
Reactions: 8legs

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
This is the last week of my initial parental leave. I go back to work December 20 - literally couldn't have planned this any better, no one is going to be "in the office" for at least 2 weeks.

On a related note: the hardest part about a second child is the first child :rofl:
Bro this second paragraph is 500% tru

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74