CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
I’m getting a little worried that our 18 month old hasn’t been to daycare or around other kids yet, and so have not really been exposed to anything that would test and bolster her immunity. Doctors say it’s a thing.
They definitely build that immune system at school/daycare, and you get to do the same when they bring it home.

Reactions: Colleen and rebs

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
JFC. One of my good friends had been struggling with fertility but was able to conceive earlier this year with the baby due in the early January. They noticed lack of movement this week and went in to the hospital and the full term baby no longer had a heart beat :wtc: Hug your family tight
The one time I click back into this thread and this is what I read.

• Support
Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Finding child care is a shit show. Will be hearing back in the new year whether places nearby have space
Plus the absolute joy of the cost being sky high. With three kids I basically have two mortgage payments .
Good childcare is so valuable we basically have put off moving to stay near the one we found until our youngest is in school full time.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Plus the absolute joy of the cost being sky high. With three kids I basically have two mortgage payments .
Good childcare is so valuable we basically have put off moving to stay near the one we found until our youngest is in school full time.
We lucked out, child care up to 5 years is heavily subsidized by the governement starting 2022. Will basically be 15/day per kid.

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
We lucked out, child care up to 5 years is heavily subsidized by the governement starting 2022. Will basically be 15/day per kid.
I’m jealous.
Between the little one being full time and the two older kids needing after school we’re around $2300/month

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
I’m jealous.
Between the little one being full time and the two older kids needing after school we’re around $2300/month
The place we’re currently looking, which is considered cheap, is $1800 /month

I’m told it gets cheaper as they get older but with inflation I imagine we’ll continue paying more every year :/

I love my kid but I cannot wait for him to be in full time care

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
We kinda did xmas already at my mom's place 2 days ago so our xmas day is very simple. Cooking now. It's a small dinner but it smells amazing. A very merry holiday to the lot of you!

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
were you hanging dong or nah
This but Santa

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Reactions: crotch

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Well Santa scared the absolute shit out of her again. That was not chill imo. Plus my neighbor saw me getting changed in the shared storage/laundry room and said “you’re a good dad” and took my picture because of course

Tbf you ARE a good dad.

A bourbon soaked, haggard Santa, but still a good dad LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor