CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

saxman

Burninating the peasants
Dec 2, 2001
Melbourne, Fl
My daughter just tested positive for covid on an at home test.

My wife FaceTimed her sister and showed her the test... her sister thought it was a positive pregnancy test and got all excited. Much confusion was going on while my wife was sad crying and her sister was happy crying.

Last edited:

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

My wife FaceTimed her sister and showed her the test... her sister thought it was a positive pregnancy test and got all excited. Much confusion was going in while my wife was sad crying and her sister was happy crying.

:hs:

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

My wife FaceTimed her sister and showed her the test... her sister thought it was a positive pregnancy test and got all excited. Much confusion was going on while my wife was sad crying and her sister was happy crying.
been there man i hope the symptoms aren’t that bad

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Daughter is doing OK. She's been running a fever of 101ish off and on yesterday and today. She's feeling well enough right now to make a huge mess with all her toys, so not doing too bad.

The sister in law, however, is not happy about getting her hopes up 😅
ha, seems about like my dude. went to doc he was holding at 101 with tylenol given, got positive results from covid test, another 2 days or so of the fever and it finally broke woke him up and he was sweaty.

hope you’re on the tail end of it

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Ugh niece tested positive for the Covid, my mom wasn't feeling well and then my brothers fiancée who's pregnant finds out the house she nanny's for had all 4 kids test pos.. so we canceled Xmas and my in-laws never came up to VA. Xmas eve I break a tooth and deal with the root hanging out until today where I find a place open on a Sunday to snip the rest out lol

Now wife isn't feeling well and we're supposed to drive to SC tmrw for a belated Xmas with her parents

Can't wait for 2021 to be over lol

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Ugh niece tested positive for the Covid, my mom wasn't feeling well and then my brothers fiancée who's pregnant finds out the house she nanny's for had all 4 kids test pos.. so we canceled Xmas and my in-laws never came up to VA. Xmas eve I break a tooth and deal with the root hanging out until today where I find a place open on a Sunday to snip the rest out lol

Now wife isn't feeling well and we're supposed to drive to SC tmrw for a belated Xmas with her parents

Can't wait for 2021 to be over lol
hello we have similar luck it seems lol

fucken sucks bro

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
fuck this sucks. for the vast majority of the pandemic our dog has been one of my only-child's primary go-to playmates (other than mom or dad), and puppers died in accident earlier today. We'll have to deal with the immediate trauma but I already know that this is going to linger because as I've pointed out to his mother more than a few times: the kid doesn't just include the dog in his play & pasttime stuff, he tends to rely on doggo when he burns through his imagination & other interests. No siblings, cousins, or any neighborhood kids to speak of, and almost every social activity we'd had him involved in has been on hold for the last year and a half.
Ever since hes been about 3 (8 now) I've wished we had given him a sibling, and this past year and a half it has absolutely grated on me.
And now its literally just me & him or his mom & him. Plus one aunt, one set of grandparents, and weekly playdates with a two friends whom he's not entirely fond of. I'm losing it here.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
fuck this sucks. for the vast majority of the pandemic our dog has been one of my only-child's primary go-to playmates (other than mom or dad), and puppers died in accident earlier today. We'll have to deal with the immediate trauma but I already know that this is going to linger because as I've pointed out to his mother more than a few times: the kid doesn't just include the dog in his play & pasttime stuff, he tends to rely on doggo when he burns through his imagination & other interests. No siblings, cousins, or any neighborhood kids to speak of, and almost every social activity we'd had him involved in has been on hold for the last year and a half.
Ever since hes been about 3 (8 now) I've wished we had given him a sibling, and this past year and a half it has absolutely grated on me.
And now its literally just me & him or his mom & him. Plus one aunt, one set of grandparents, and weekly playdates with a two friends whom he's not entirely fond of. I'm losing it here.
Fuck man I'm so sorry

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

I'm so sorry about your puppah. Have you explored therapy for your son as something like this is traumatic and kiddo could possibly benefit from an objective perspective.

As a parent of an only, I can relate. On the plus side, only children benefit from an unending amount of attention, guidance and are often more successful adults than their peers. Having additional children doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will be close. But, I know. Second guessing that decision is a gut punch. :hug:

Reactions: Nikuk

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
oh man i am so sorry to hear this :(

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
I'm so sorry about your puppah. Have you explored therapy for your son as something like this is traumatic and kiddo could possibly benefit from an objective perspective.

As a parent of an only, I can relate. On the plus side, only children benefit from an unending amount of attention, guidance and are often more successful adults than their peers. Having additional children doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will be close. But, I know. Second guessing that decision is a gut punch. :hug:

I appreciate you guys

Tbh some of that is/was venting, but yeah, I know what you're saying.

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74