CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
BTW kiddo is baby sitting / day nursing the survivor (minor injuries, seen treated and released by the vet last night) and that seems to be going very well in helping him past the immediate stuff.

Reactions: 8legs

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
lol

w7rXsAyl.jpg
vAgPBzGl.jpg

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
fuck this sucks. for the vast majority of the pandemic our dog has been one of my only-child's primary go-to playmates (other than mom or dad), and puppers died in accident earlier today. We'll have to deal with the immediate trauma but I already know that this is going to linger because as I've pointed out to his mother more than a few times: the kid doesn't just include the dog in his play & pasttime stuff, he tends to rely on doggo when he burns through his imagination & other interests. No siblings, cousins, or any neighborhood kids to speak of, and almost every social activity we'd had him involved in has been on hold for the last year and a half.
Ever since hes been about 3 (8 now) I've wished we had given him a sibling, and this past year and a half it has absolutely grated on me.
And now its literally just me & him or his mom & him. Plus one aunt, one set of grandparents, and weekly playdates with a two friends whom he's not entirely fond of. I'm losing it here.
:hug:

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
So, who's ready to get covid in the next week or so?

My kids go back to class on Monday, and with Omicron, low vaccination rates, and mostly parents sending their kids to school with cloth masks, I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen that week + couple days.

We're all boosted except the kids who just have normal vaccines.

But yeah, it's comin

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal

My kids go back to class on Monday, and with Omicron, low vaccination rates, and mostly parents sending their kids to school with cloth masks, I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen that week + couple days.

But yeah, it's comin
Bruh everyone gonna get the cron
You’ll live and so will your family
Get balls deep in some Xanax and accept it

saxman

Burninating the peasants
Dec 2, 2001
Melbourne, Fl
Popped a fever for a bit today and my wife started not feeling well. Figure we both have covid since my daughter tested positive 4 days ago.

Wife and I tested again tonight and we're both still negative. Can you get a psychosomatic fever?

BigT

Hobo Crew
Nov 4, 2001
Trailer park

But yeah, it's comin

What does vaccination rate have to do with the spread?

Vax or not anyone can spread it.

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
Wife is scheduled for a c-section tomorrow with our second boy, and we have our first (2.5y) in daycare.

We are keeping him home this week and I will watch him while my wife is in the hospital (she will have a doula for the birth) but next week we are not sure whether to send our toddler back to daycare or not. We are both worried that he will catch Covid, as it is rampant in our area and bring it home, or even other diseases and spread it to the newborn.

As my wife has a long road to recovery, not sure I will be able to handle a newborn and a toddler at the same time, while juggling all the other stuff (cooking, cleaning, etc…). He’s been asking about daycare and wants to go back, we feel bad for even keeping him home this week.

Anyone been in a similar position and have some advice? Am I being too paranoid?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Wife is scheduled for a c-section tomorrow with our second boy, and we have our first (2.5y) in daycare.

We are keeping him home this week and I will watch him while my wife is in the hospital (she will have a doula for the birth) but next week we are not sure whether to send our toddler back to daycare or not. We are both worried that he will catch Covid, as it is rampant in our area and bring it home, or even other diseases and spread it to the newborn.

As my wife has a long road to recovery, not sure I will be able to handle a newborn and a toddler at the same time, while juggling all the other stuff (cooking, cleaning, etc…). He’s been asking about daycare and wants to go back, we feel bad for even keeping him home this week.

Anyone been in a similar position and have some advice? Am I being too paranoid?

As someone who had a c-section, send the toddler to school and let your wife recover. She will push through if the toddler is home, but it will be sooooo much less stress for the pivotal points in her recovery. If you both are fully vaccinated and boosted, you should be ok through this Omicron junk.

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
As someone who had a c-section, send the toddler to school and let your wife recover. She will push through if the toddler is home, but it will be sooooo much less stress for the pivotal points in her recovery. If you both are fully vaccinated and boosted, you should be ok through this Omicron junk.
This is her second c-section, first one was an emergency one and she ended up getting a bad infection. Hopefully this time around it will be a lot smoother.

Will most likely send the toddler back next week and just have him mask up when near the newborn and practice good hygenie. It is inevitable that we all will get omicron. Ugh :hs:

• Support
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74