CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
so, my MIL and kid called a few days before i was supposed to go pick her up, begging me to let her stay for longer. since she's doing online school, it's not really a big deal, and they haven't seen each other in two years.

get a call tonight about what to do when she's sick :( poor kid's running a fever (100.9), and now i'm losing my gd mind while i stress about it. i've never felt this helpless. i'm half preparing myself to drive up there tomorrow, but i'm trying to remind myself that my MIL managed to raise 4 kids :hs: i just hope she knocks it out quick and feels better tomorrow and all of this stressing is for nothing

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
so, my MIL and kid called a few days before i was supposed to go pick her up, begging me to let her stay for longer. since she's doing online school, it's not really a big deal, and they haven't seen each other in two years.

get a call tonight about what to do when she's sick :( poor kid's running a fever (100.9), and now i'm losing my gd mind while i stress about it. i've never felt this helpless. i'm half preparing myself to drive up there tomorrow, but i'm trying to remind myself that my MIL managed to raise 4 kids :hs: i just hope she knocks it out quick and feels better tomorrow and all of this stressing is for nothing
man i know these feels. i have trust issues with my kid when he’s sick too but you’re right she has raised children. if she monitors the fever and with your permission administers tylenol or whatever and as long as she keeps an eye on it she will be fine.

what about them possibly covid testing the kiddo?

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Ugh. I hope kiddo feels better and it's one of those random sicknesses that just vanishes. :hug:

Four hours after posting that video on Friday night, kiddo came downstairs and told her Daddy that she had thrown up in the trash bin in her room. Poor thing was sick the next morning, too with a low grade fever. But then totally fine the following day.

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox

There's not much you can do when a kid is sick. It's a helpless feeling if they're under your roof or not. Just ride it out and everything will be okay.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Potty training has been going well. He wears underwear all day, and tells us when he needs to use the potty. He still needs us to take him, and there's the occasional accident, but there's progress.
That’s great. We need to get serious about it. We haven’t had a #2 accident in a long time but peeing has been tough to get her on board with

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I tried my boy on one of those seats that rests on the toilet. It was too new and unfamiliar so it didn't go well. I was putting him in the bath so I figured why not. As soon as he was in the water, tho, he peed. He has been curious about the little potty, though, so I think it's time to start introducing him to it. Fingers crossed this isn't a battle. Not looking forward to cleaning up after accidents down the road.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
mine screams and melts down when you put real panties on her. kill me. gona be in diapers until shes 30
mine does this when i change his diaper bc i think he thinks i’m inhibiting him from doing what he wants to do. just hit 16 months. its a chore when he shid bc it’s like trying to contain a feral cat with shit all over him trying to wiggle free lol

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
mine screams and melts down when you put real panties on her. kill me. gona be in diapers until shes 30

My daughter was kinda like that. Wanted to keep wearing a diaper even when she would go to the bathroom on her own and never had any accidents. She got over it like a few weeks later.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
let everything work itself out

much easier that way. otherwise you're legitimately just putting arbitrary due dates on shit for a kid.. it wont work [well].

yea thats our take on it. we talk about it but im not holding the kid down on the shitter going all drill sgt on her. thats reserved for diaper changes

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
yea thats our take on it. we talk about it but im not holding the kid down on the shitter going all drill sgt on her. thats reserved for diaper changes
with basically everything, we just let our kid do it on her own timetable.

i think it helped.. she potty trained herself, has *never* had an accident (she turns 6 on friday); she's wet the bed ONCE in her existence and I think it was bc she was too lazy to get up.

we just go with the flow instead of making arbitrary age-decisions

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
with basically everything, we just let our kid do it on her own timetable.

i think it helped.. she potty trained herself, has *never* had an accident (she turns 6 on friday); she's wet the bed ONCE in her existence and I think it was bc she was too lazy to get up.

we just go with the flow instead of making arbitrary age-decisions

yea generally been our attitude. shes been early on stuff and late on others. frankly i dont think it really matters big picture wise on these milestone ages they put out.

Reactions: Jinx and crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor