CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
Had to give daughter a COVID test to return to daycare tomorrow. Not fun but she handled it pretty well. I have a feeling many parents skipped it since even though it's required, it's self-reported...

Reactions: crotch

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
just turned yea.

she will take her diaper off and sometimes go sit on her training potty. but panties are no go currently. we'll get there.
What about those undies with more fabic incase they pee? I trained my youngest with them and it was a week of accidents and then he just got it. :dunno: just always bring spare clothes with you :rofl:

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
My wife decided not to go back to work now that her maternity leave for our second is drawing to a close. She never was really happy with her chosen career. The stress certainly outweighed the benefit for her. She loves being there for our kids.

Proud of her for making that call. She worked her ass off to get where she is. There’s no way it would be easy to give up.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
My wife decided not to go back to work now that her maternity leave for our second is drawing to a close. She never was really happy with her chosen career. The stress certainly outweighed the benefit for her. She loves being there for our kids.

Proud of her for making that call. She worked her ass off to get where she is. There’s no way it would be easy to give up.
That’s awesome good for yall

Would love to have my wife stay home but she’s got a great career and we’d be leaving a lot on the table financially if she stopped working.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
That’s awesome good for yall

Would love to have my wife stay home but she’s got a great career and we’d be leaving a lot on the table financially if she stopped working.
My wife gave up $400k/year :hsd:

Money isn't happiness. Easy for me to say since I also have a high paying career, but it is certainly a cut.

Edit: We decided that we wanted to raise our children ourselves rather than a nanny, spend time with them as parents - not as a career power couple. Definitely going to be an adjustment, but one that we both think is going to be worth it in the end.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW

Money isn't happiness. Easy for me to say since I also have a high paying career, but it is certainly a cut.

Edit: We decided that we wanted to raise our children ourselves rather than a nanny, spend time with them as parents - not as a career power couple. Definitely going to be an adjustment, but one that we both think is going to be worth it in the end.
Damn that’s amazing.
For me having just 1 income in the house makes me feel uneasy also. I think we could cover our expenses if we cut down to 1 working parent to keep current house and such but the losses to retirement contributions also scares me. It’s something we’ll definitely evaluate once/if we have a 2nd child.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

that’s awesome that she wants to do that. we wish we didn’t have to do daycare bc we want to be full time parents but we have reframed it as the benefits of daycare are socializing and all that

Reactions: AndyP

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Damn that’s amazing.
For me having just 1 income in the house makes me feel uneasy also. I think we could cover our expenses if we cut down to 1 working parent to keep current house and such but the losses to retirement contributions also scares me. It’s something we’ll definitely evaluate once/if we have a 2nd child.
Disability insurance certainly has become more important. It was a tough decision, but one that we both think is the right path for our family.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
that’s awesome that she wants to do that. we wish we didn’t have to do daycare bc we want to be full time parents but we have reframed it as the benefits of daycare are socializing and all that
I feel lucky to be able to make this decision. Nothing wrong with daycare at all. The kids look like they have a blast. Our oldest goes 2 days a week for socialization/fun/gives us a break :rofl:

Reactions: crotch and whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

we're doing that. we both have the lux of working from home. so sitters. no daycare. just schedule juggling between us. im not sure i could have it any other way TBH,

Reactions: Jinx and AndyP

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Damn that’s amazing.
I should add that the second kid is what really got her. It was tough to go back for her after the first. After the second, it was tears almost every day just thinking about the prospect of going back. This is 100x healthier.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I wish I could wfh

I know its the evil other side but insurance work is WFH at this point. my wife's dept is 50% docs. most of them do a shift or two in the ER a month for "fun".

but you gotta have the mentality/ability to WFH. some people just need to be hands on or want bedside.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
seriously don’t know how single parents do it

snowing here today so daycare closed so Eli stayed home with me

the morning has been great we’ve played we’ve watched Encanto it’s been fun.

pest control knocks at the door as i’m coming out of the bathroom and i forget to latch the door. this same bathroom houses the cats litter box

so i greet the pest control guy and explain to him we have carpenter ants outside that are getting in.

i hear a rustling in the bathroom and apologize and tell him hang on one second

i meet eli halfway in the hallway and he’s excitedly bringing me this treasure he found aka a cat turd covered in litter.

i said oh no buddy we don’t need to play with that and yeet the turd into the trash and scoop him up and get a soapy rag and i’m washing his hands and he starts crying so i put him down in the kitchen WHERE THE CAT FOOD IS and continue to talk to the pest guy and i hear another rustling and he comes to me with a hand full of cat food and i just held him the rest of the time the pest guy was here lol

i’m glad he isn’t big on eating strange objects as much as he was a few months ago bc oddly none of those two fiascos ended with him eating either of the two. :uh:

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
seriously don’t know how single parents do it

snowing here today so daycare closed so Eli stayed home with me

the morning has been great we’ve played we’ve watched Encanto it’s been fun.

pest control knocks at the door as i’m coming out of the bathroom and i forget to latch the door. this same bathroom houses the cats litter box

so i greet the pest control guy and explain to him we have carpenter ants outside that are getting in.

i hear a rustling in the bathroom and apologize and tell him hang on one second

i meet eli halfway in the hallway and he’s excitedly bringing me this treasure he found aka a cat turd covered in litter.

i said oh no buddy we don’t need to play with that and yeet the turd into the trash and scoop him up and get a soapy rag and i’m washing his hands and he starts crying so i put him down in the kitchen WHERE THE CAT FOOD IS and continue to talk to the pest guy and i hear another rustling and he comes to me with a hand full of cat food and i just held him the rest of the time the pest guy was here lol

i’m glad he isn’t big on eating strange objects as much as he was a few months ago bc oddly none of those two fiascos ended with him eating either of the two. :uh:

I'm only laugh reacting because I think we've all been there in one form or another.

IDK how much dirt my son ate or how much dog food my oldest ate tbh. Probably a lot :rofl:

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I'm only laugh reacting because I think we've all been there in one form or another.

IDK how much dirt my son ate or how much dog food my oldest ate tbh. Probably a lot :rofl:
lol i can’t believe we’ve kept him out of the litter box from when he starting walking at like 11 months until now at 16mo. we keep that door latched religiously and have a gate on the kitchen so the cats can go eat and shit in peace bc he loves to hug them but doesn’t understand that they’re asshole cats lol

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
lol i can’t believe we’ve kept him out of the litter box from when he starting walking at like 11 months until now at 16mo. we keep that door latched religiously and have a gate on the kitchen so the cats can go eat and shit in peace bc he loves to hug them but doesn’t understand that they’re asshole cats lol

Sometimes it be that way.

We put up baby gates to keep our youngest off the stairs or away from the computer...she just figured out how to climb over them.

You cannot stop them, you can only hope to contain them lol

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Sometimes it be that way.

We put up baby gates to keep our youngest off the stairs or away from the computer...she just figured out how to climb over them.

You cannot stop them, you can only hope to contain them lol
right his new thing is he can throw a leg up on the couch and pull himself up. he thinks he’s hot shit bc he’s on the couch. i know he’s gonna yeet off of it at some point just a matter of when lol

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
My child loves to go sit on the dog bed

nQgCRy5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74