CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
right his new thing is he can throw a leg up on the couch and pull himself up. he thinks he’s hot shit bc he’s on the couch. i know he’s gonna yeet off of it at some point just a matter of when lol

Yeah it definitely happens.

Reactions: crotch

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Those of you with boys

Do they piss all over the fucking place in the bathroom, regardless of education and cleaning assignments?

I swear to god my 10 year old thinks it's some kind of motherfuckin game :mad:

• Haha

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
Nintendo needs to release "find my Switch" like phones have... My daughter's is lost somewhere in a 10x10ft area and I absolutely cannot find it. :mad:

• Haha

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
My child loves to go sit on the dog bed

nQgCRy5.jpg
yesterday picking him up from daycare another dad was coming in behind me through the gate and i press the doorbell, here comes my kid and the guy behind me had already picked his up from the playground area and here he comes to rant at the employees “he had a rock in his mouth just now i wanted yall to know”

like yes this is less than satisfactory but his statement made me giggle i had to walk away like

bro they are gonna eat rocks calm down

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
right his new thing is he can throw a leg up on the couch and pull himself up. he thinks he’s hot shit bc he’s on the couch. i know he’s gonna yeet off of it at some point just a matter of when lol
Mine yeeted himself off the couch (which is daybed with a trundle. We pulled out the trundle to buffer any falls) promptly once he was able to move at all. That's when I realized my concept oh his abilities was always going to lag behind his actual abilities. I felt beyond awful as he brushed the ribbing on the leg of the coffee table on the way down and it opened up a gash on his forehead. They glued it shut at the ER.. Which, at the very beginning of covid, was quite an ordeal with protocols all being new.

The kid is pretty conscious and respectful of gravity now, though. Having the trundle has allowed me to demonstrate some controlled falls so he understands that the edge is not the place to hang out. Also, it works like a mini couch for him as he will sit on the trundle and lean back on the top level while he watches his cartoons.

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
I guess I have no idea how to talk to my 12 year old daughter lol at least not about her incessant friend drama. She will call me at work (I always answer) and just rant about stuff that's stupid to me but I know is like super important to her. I'll listen, I'll calmly suggest things that she can do to resolve the matter, have her shoot my perfectly reasonable ideas down, rinse, repeat until she's basically yelling at ME. So then I'm yelling and saying outrageous things like "JUST TELL THEM THEY'RE ALL STUPID PIECES OF SHIT THEN FUCK" And it's just a mess. :hs: Not even a teenager yet FML.

trez157

You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand
Nov 2, 2001
Cali
Any of you guys do the subscription boxes like kiwico for your kids? Any suggestions?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I guess I have no idea how to talk to my 12 year old daughter lol at least not about her incessant friend drama. She will call me at work (I always answer) and just rant about stuff that's stupid to me but I know is like super important to her. I'll listen, I'll calmly suggest things that she can do to resolve the matter, have her shoot my perfectly reasonable ideas down, rinse, repeat until she's basically yelling at ME. So then I'm yelling and saying outrageous things like "JUST TELL THEM THEY'RE ALL STUPID PIECES OF SHIT THEN FUCK" And it's just a mess. :hs: Not even a teenager yet FML.
:hug: Solidarity. Sister has a just-turned-13 year old girl. She's currently being home-schooled because the draaaaammmmaaaaa and also because Texas.

I can't freakin' wait for my turn.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
:hug: Solidarity. Sister has a just-turned-13 year old girl. She's currently being home-schooled because the draaaaammmmaaaaa and also because Texas.

I can't freakin' wait for my turn.
It's the WORST. And yeah, middle school girls are still so mean. I just keep telling her that it will get better in high school but that's an eternity away in her mind. And the stuff she tells me about these girls...like I literally want to fight their mothers.

• Support
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sometimes it be that way.

We put up baby gates to keep our youngest off the stairs or away from the computer...she just figured out how to climb over them.

You cannot stop them, you can only hope to contain them lol
I'm only laugh reacting because I think we've all been there in one form or another.

IDK how much dirt my son ate or how much dog food my oldest ate tbh. Probably a lot :rofl:
:roflw: for both of these :rofl:

Reactions: crotch and BStork

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
She just wants to vent. Picture you being in her shoes and talking to your husband in the same manner

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
She just wants to vent. Picture you being in her shoes and talking to your husband in the same manner
Well she's doing it wrong. :rofl: Because she asks me what to do. I tell her. "No, MOM, that won't work because *ridiculous reason*"

"Okay, try *this*"

"OMG, no, MOM, you don't even get it."

:uh:

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
I try to remember what was going through my head when I was her age and my parents would impart their boundless social wisdom and I would be like, "Oh yeah sure stfu." :rofl: why don't they listen. :wtc:

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Mine yeeted himself off the couch (which is daybed with a trundle. We pulled out the trundle to buffer any falls) promptly once he was able to move at all. That's when I realized my concept oh his abilities was always going to lag behind his actual abilities. I felt beyond awful as he brushed the ribbing on the leg of the coffee table on the way down and it opened up a gash on his forehead. They glued it shut at the ER.. Which, at the very beginning of covid, was quite an ordeal with protocols all being new.

The kid is pretty conscious and respectful of gravity now, though. Having the trundle has allowed me to demonstrate some controlled falls so he understands that the edge is not the place to hang out. Also, it works like a mini couch for him as he will sit on the trundle and lean back on the top level while he watches his cartoons.
legit he just fell off the couch an hour ago lol. i didn’t react. he sort of rolled out of it and went and picked up a toy i was like word?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74