CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Well she's doing it wrong. :rofl: Because she asks me what to do. I tell her. "No, MOM, that won't work because *ridiculous reason*"

"Okay, try *this*"

"OMG, no, MOM, you don't even get it."

:uh:
And it's not like you can just tell her you've dealt with assholes like OT for the last 15 years to buff your "dealing with assholes" cred

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8legs and Leah

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My wife gave up $400k/year :hsd:

Money isn't happiness. Easy for me to say since I also have a high paying career, but it is certainly a cut.

Edit: We decided that we wanted to raise our children ourselves rather than a nanny, spend time with them as parents - not as a career power couple. Definitely going to be an adjustment, but one that we both think is going to be worth it in the end.

:werd:

JZA

OT's #1 Wu Fan
Oct 21, 2004
PHX
I guess I have no idea how to talk to my 12 year old daughter lol at least not about her incessant friend drama. She will call me at work (I always answer) and just rant about stuff that's stupid to me but I know is like super important to her. I'll listen, I'll calmly suggest things that she can do to resolve the matter, have her shoot my perfectly reasonable ideas down, rinse, repeat until she's basically yelling at ME. So then I'm yelling and saying outrageous things like "JUST TELL THEM THEY'RE ALL STUPID PIECES OF SHIT THEN FUCK" And it's just a mess. :hs: Not even a teenager yet FML.
This is pretty much being a husband listening to wife problems at work. lmaoooo

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
What camera do you guys use for taking baby/kids pics? iPhone 13p is convenient but I find when I print them out using Costco or shuttlefly the quality ain’t great. Taking out my dslr 6d around the house or outside at the park is kind of PITA..

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
What camera do you guys use for taking baby/kids pics? iPhone 13p is convenient but I find when I print them out using Costco or shuttlefly the quality ain’t great. Taking out my dslr 6d around the house or outside at the park is kind of PITA..
i just watched a video about how iphone is 12mp which is perfect for social media sharing or sending to other peoples phones but 12mp when blowing the pic up isn’t that great. so maybe if you wanted you could get an android like a galaxy or something with a larger sensor and higher mp like a 48mp camera and just use that spare phone for pics you plan on blowing up?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I have a pixel 3. Husband still has a pixel 2 - both of us have had photos printed through Google photos and they look great. Probably not 8x10 level though I haven't printed anything of that size that wasn't professionally shot. But up to 5x7 looked great, imo.

Reactions: crotch
TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Nikon dslr with a 50mm

Sony rx100

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
My wife decided not to go back to work now that her maternity leave for our second is drawing to a close. She never was really happy with her chosen career. The stress certainly outweighed the benefit for her. She loves being there for our kids.

Proud of her for making that call. She worked her ass off to get where she is. There’s no way it would be easy to give up.
Is she going to do something else or be a stay at home mom?

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
How's the fam doing?
Much better, microdosing and therapy has been a huge help. We are taking a break from boozing, we've both started intermittent fasting, she started working out again, we are adamant about not turning into fat parents like most of the people we know. After being married for ten years and having a kid it's so easy to let your health slide. For whatever reason she was in a mental funk which spills over into the physical realm, we both have a renewed outlook on things.

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
yesterday picking him up from daycare another dad was coming in behind me through the gate and i press the doorbell, here comes my kid and the guy behind me had already picked his up from the playground area and here he comes to rant at the employees “he had a rock in his mouth just now i wanted yall to know”

like yes this is less than satisfactory but his statement made me giggle i had to walk away like

bro they are gonna eat rocks calm down
I remember seeing the neurotic first time parents losing their shit over laughable things at daycare
“He had SAND in his DIAPER!”
Well yeah Karen, he we living his best life in the sandbox with the other kids, chill out little Paxton will be fine”

• Haha
Reactions: crotch and jaunt

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74