CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
School for the oldest is back in as of tomrorow, the last week before chistmas day he had to quarantine for as his friend got covid.

I assume we will all get it soon with the numbers were seeing, but I wanna know when :0

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
So what happens to you? Just take time off from work until daycare reopens?
We just had another child (5 days ago) and I took parental leave so we are able to have our oldest stay home. Unfortunately we are low on energy due to the newborn so entertaining the toddler is a bit hard. He really likes the daycare and thrives in it, it sucks they closed but on the other hand, we are worried that he will catch Covid and bring it home.

If I was back at work, I have no idea. My work is pretty flexible but I’d imagine i would use all my allotted leave and then not sure. It’s fucking ridiculous that after 2 years, nothing improved at all here. The daycare had a pretty good system where any kid with a symptom would need to be tested, and the cohorts would close for 10 days for any positive result. It would provide a bit of piece of mind to the educators and other children/parents but now that they limited who can get tested and are no longer doing any school reporting, shit is fucked. It’s like the government looked at Florida and said hold my beer. Even 10 day closures are a nightmare as it can happen every month or two — people have to work.

There are a lot of families who cannot WFH and I wonder what they doing in this sort of situation.

• Support
Reactions: jaunt

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Daycare closed til the 18th. God damnit
Damn. My post aged poorly, daycare sent last minute email this morning about staffing shortages and only send your kid in if you absolutely must lol
I’m fortunate enough that I work from home and can semi juggle it. But not getting too much done w her here bc obviously she requires attention
It’s basically impossible lol

xenu

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2006
idk how I never saw this thread

wife and I both are dentists of sorts with full schedules booked out, no grandparents live close enough to cover

daycare just closed for the 3rd time, absolutely fucking kills us

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
idk how I never saw this thread

wife and I both are dentists of sorts with full schedules booked out, no grandparents live close enough to cover

daycare just closed for the 3rd time, absolutely fucking kills us
I have no experience with in home daycare but is it possible to get a backup setup for someone to come to your house?

I should probably look into this also

xenu

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2006
I have no experience with in home daycare but is it possible to get a backup setup for someone to come to your house?

that’s what we’re working on - we got a backup nanny for 2 days this week, working on another to cover 1-2 days

god this is just the worst - the problem is this is certain to continue to happen for the indefinite future…

Reactions: Sp33dealer

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Get on care.com like right now. Check with your FB Neighborhood group. If my daughter's school closes, two of her prior teachers have offered to do care in our home and I found those via our neighborhood group.

Reactions: Sp33dealer

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
where is the best place to find moms groups? is that still dominated by facebook?

wife is looking for places to find walking groups, etc but doesn't have much social media.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
where is the best place to find moms groups? is that still dominated by facebook?

wife is looking for places to find walking groups, etc but doesn't have much social media.

For local, I don't really have any suggestions other than FB, and in that case, good fucking luck. :hug:

I found my group (of about 100) on Reddit Baby Bumps. We had a birthdate group that migrated to FB. I'm not really sure I would do it again, but I lucked into some pretty awesome fellow moms. It's not location specific, but about 5 of the moms ended up being close to me. One even was giving birth to her daughter in the same hospital in the room next door. We met for the first time like 1 day after I had a c-section and 8 hours after her baby was born. :rofl:

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

I'm told those trampoline businesses are a good place to start 👀

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor