CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Booked his covid test for tomrorow pm. Husband said he woke up feeling sick and my stomach doesnt feel great right now either.

I think I jinxed us when I said it was a matter of time before we all got sick :rofl: :0

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Booking a PCR test right now is bananas I’m see 1 week out here

I took 2 Binax tests today (because I thought I fucked up the first) and both came back negative

I’m like fucking Neo dodging all these positives around me lol

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Alright guys... we rarely get sick in this house. What do you give them when they wont hold food or water or medication for that matter?

Ive given him a cool pack which he says feels good, but hes back up to 101.2 and I dont know how to give him tylonal without him being sick again. I also tried gingerale which he puked up 30 seconds later...

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center

I took 2 Binax tests today (because I thought I fucked up the first) and both came back negative

As a word of warning, timing on the at home tests is tricky. I went to my doc on Friday and said I had a negative and when I ran down the timeline she said I was likely outside the time when the at home would have caught it.

There's about a 35% give or take 10% that it works for omicron based on what the doc's practice was seeing compared to the quick tests.

So take that for what it's worth. Also the home tests suck, or maybe it's just the elume one with it's tickly af little brush :mad:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Alright guys... we rarely get sick in this house. What do you give them when they wont hold food or water or medication for that matter?

Ive given him a cool pack which he says feels good, but hes back up to 101.2 and I dont know how to give him tylonal without him being sick again. I also tried gingerale which he puked up 30 seconds later...
Adult or child w/ 101.2?

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Nope. Puked oatmeal, gingerale and tylonal/ gravol I gave him so far.
Asked the wife. Who is not a doctor and wants a disclaimer that this is not medical advice and though she is a nurse she is not liable please seek appropriate medical assistance etc.

"If they're puking up everything, get a cold compress on the forehead and Tylenol suppositories."

"You can try Pedialyte Popsicles (which you would have to make) (and things like that) (and even regular popsicles would help) to help combat dehydration/etc."

Reactions: Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Asked the wife.

"If they're puking up everything, get a cold compress on the forehead and Tylenol suppositories."

"You can try Pedialyte Popsicles (and things like that) to help combat dehydration/etc."
Thanks! Yah I did the cold compress on his back of the neck... seemed to help. Hes definitely fighting the fever without medicine though.

Ill have to wait till my husband gets home and see if I can get him some suppositories... although thats going to be fun 😬

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Did you do the throat swab on the antigen test?

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Did you do the throat swab on the antigen test?
Nasal antigen test this one:

BinaxNOW-Video-Thumbnail-1280x720.png

Reactions: BStork

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Watch this.

I didn't have an account/have to login, @Sp33dealer

Also, skip the Ellume test is what I learned from that. Kinda wish I knew this when we were still sick so I could have compared :hs:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
It’s not letting me watch this video without an account

Also you’re lucky I’m clicking on a tiktok, only for you lol

I don't have a TikTok account either. Thought I could direct link it, but this article has it posted. :o

Long story short, antigen tests may not catch the same Omicron COVID positive if you swab only your nose instead of your throat and nose. Throat first. ;)

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I don't have a TikTok account either. Thought I could direct link it, but this article has it posted. :o

Long story short, antigen tests may not catch the same Omicron COVID positive if you swab only your nose instead of your throat and nose. Throat first. ;)

Here ya go laddyy

• Love
Reactions: DasVWBabe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor