CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Thanks! Yah I did the cold compress on his back of the neck... seemed to help. Hes definitely fighting the fever without medicine though.

Ill have to wait till my husband gets home and see if I can get him some suppositories... although thats going to be fun 😬
Cherries or cherry juice has fever reducing effects. When mine has had fevers I have an ice cube tray with juice and a cherry in the middle. They're small, but help feel cooled down and hopefully get some medicinal effect to the tummy.

• Love
Reactions: Colleen

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Just had to explain to my kids why they're not allowed to say "buddy" or do that "hiyaaaaaaa" noise.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
As a parent. Lego needs to quit sending a catalog to my house every single month, sometimes twice a month. :hs:

ETA: Also because *everything* in the catalog is out of stock on the site. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Simple

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
I don't know if it's just my kid's school or what, but 3rd grade is a fucking pain in the ass.

they're doing mid-day class changes, and she forgets her homework on a regular basis. In addition, they're having her do 32 book reports this year.

• Wow
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I don't know if it's just my kid's school or what, but 3rd grade is a fucking pain in the ass.

they're doing mid-day class changes, and she forgets her homework on a regular basis. In addition, they're having her do 32 book reports this year.

Wow that's a ton of book reports! Kiddo's just started doing the "books at home" for the week think, but for the first few, we were making her do the attached book reports. Finally, after about 6 or so of them, her teacher said, you know, those book report sheets are meant for the older kids in her class. :mamoru:

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox

:rofl: wtf 32 book reports

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Wow that's a ton of book reports! Kiddo's just started doing the "books at home" for the week think, but for the first few, we were making her do the attached book reports. Finally, after about 6 or so of them, her teacher said, you know, those book report sheets are meant for the older kids in her class. :mamoru:
she also has math homework and english homework sent home once per week.

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
granted, they're 1 page reports but still... it was sent hom as "have the kids read 20 minutes a day!"

do you know how long it takes a 8 year old to read a chapter book? 20 minutes a day doesn't fucking cut it if they're doing that many reports.
I’ll write them for $50 each

Reactions: Sp33dealer

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
granted, they're 1 page reports but still... it was sent hom as "have the kids read 20 minutes a day!"

do you know how long it takes a 8 year old to read a chapter book? 20 minutes a day doesn't fucking cut it if they're doing that many reports.

we have the same 20 minutes of reading per day, but thank god they don't have to write a report after each one, that's bananas.

She comes home with math and english homework every day though, and we're spending an honest hour each night between everything she has to do. It's a lot! The math is killing us, she's knee deep into multiplication and division already.

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Alright guys... we rarely get sick in this house. What do you give them when they wont hold food or water or medication for that matter?

Ive given him a cool pack which he says feels good, but hes back up to 101.2 and I dont know how to give him tylonal without him being sick again. I also tried gingerale which he puked up 30 seconds later...
Take him to the dr

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Curious, how often do you allow your kid to watch TV and for how long?

With a newborn and daycare being closed, our toddler is at home and we’ve increased his TV time as we are both pretty tired. I feel bad, but it is what it is. Wondering if I am just overthinking it.

pretty much anytime im on conf calls she can do what she wants. when i'm not on them we mostly play. :dunno:

the tv is generally on even if she/we're not watching it all day mostly for noise.

what i softened on dramatically was ipad games. good lord does she love playing games. wants me to play them with her. its hard to take that away from her. she also loves taking photos. its interesting to see the world through her eyes this way.

rocking the selfie game already
1642019369495.png

1642019398446.png

1642019756208.png

1642019798603.png

im not sure which app of hers it is. but she makes characters and then does photos with them. :rofl:

1642019839195.png

in short; we're not strict at all on screen time. she has times she wants it and times she doesnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74